No resistance in climbs / Wahoo Kickr

(Ruben Dankaart) #41

Same problem here. The strange thing is that it seems to work fine using the iPhone, but on the Ipad resistance keeps dropping out.

(Craig De Maio) #42

Rode this morning no resistance whatsoever. Apple TV 4 w/ Kickr 18 and wahoo cadence sensor and wahoo tickr heart monitor run through the companion app. Riding in 50/11 just to hit 250 watts. Will try to have wahoo fitness app forget the kickr. So I would have to re-install it every time I wanted to do a spindown? Also what does it mean when you fail Zwifts calibration spindown. Mine goes down to 1 mph and stops. It then comes up as a fail. Has this happened to anyone else? and what should I do? Thanks

(Ken O Connor) #43

Same issue as everyone else, and no solution yet. Wahoo Kickr, iMac Pro, Wahoo heart monitor and Wahoo cadence. Connected via BT. So frustrating! I am new to both Kickr and Zwift and hoping I can get the resistance issue resolved soon.

(Geoff Blaber) #44

Same problems as above. Wahoo / Zwift - please come together on this and get it fixed

(Gaetan Noreau) #45

Same problem with Tacx Bushido Smart. Very frustrating. Any solution with Tacx ?

(Craig De Maio) #46

Today I rode again this time disconnecting my kickr from the wahoo fitness app. I increased the resistance setting in the zwift settings menu. Same result. My avatar was constantly passed on the hills with the only thing I noticed was my speed was going down. I did not notice any difference in the resistance. Im also new to wahoo/ zwift. I was thinking maybe it was specifically a wahoo thing, but it seems to effect Tacx products as well. It was a big investment to do this. Sometimes the old fluid trainer doesn’t look so bad. I hope I am not expecting too much from zwift. Ride on everybody!

(Nate C) #47

Still having this problem with my original kickr paired to my iPad Air 2 (using the trainer only as a controllable trainer, and power from my Stages LR paired to the iPad via Bluetooth)

Other interesting details:

1. When I start Zwift, my kickr doesn’t show up in the trainer pairing screen, unless I first unpair my Stages LR power meter (the left crank) from the Power pairing option by clicking on the power icon. After clicking on the power icon, I’ll see 3 options (the kickr, the stages L and the Stages R power meters) and I have to click on the Kickr first. Then the kickr will show up in the trainer pop up and I can select it. And then I have to go back to the power menu and re-select the Stages L (which actually transmits the L+R over Bluetooth because they’re paired).

2. During a workout, if I jump off the bike to refill my water or adjust a fan, this seems to increase the chance that when I start pedaling again the trainer won’t adjust to meet the prescribed workout wattage.

3. it has also happened during group workouts even though I’m unlikely to stop pedaling so that I don’t lose the group…

4. once the kickr has stopped responding to zwift commands to adjust resistance (or zwift isn’t sending them?) then I’ve tried power cycling the kickr, unpairing and re-pairing the kickr in the trainer pairing screen, to no avail. I will try toggling Bluetooth off and on in the iPad settings with the goal of reconnecting so that the workout can be completed in a single ride/file, because restarting the app or iPad doesn’t allow that, but even a successful method for re-pairing doesn’t really help for group workouts/rides/races.

My grandfathered prices expire this month and if I can’t consistently use my kickr then it might be time to investigate some other alternative indoor training subscriptions.

(david) #48

Experiencing this issue as well. ATV via Bluetooth to various models of KICKR. No resistance changes at all.

Please fix, its killing the Zwift Experience!

(Trond Vidar Kjellen (B)) #49

Setup: 2018 Kickr, 4iiii powermeter/cadence, Apple TV 4K, Ethernet.

So my last 2 races have been successful. I have deliberately connected 4iiii to the phone on these rides, and not the Apple TV. After seeing some of the comments regarding the cadence sensor possibly being the issue. The Apple TV can only support 2 connections, but an iPhone is rated at 10 connections - although 4-5 might be the practical limit.

Anyhow, I came to think that perhaps there is a bug that thinks the cadence sensor and the 4iiii powermeter is 2 connections, which means that they both fight with the Kickr over the maximum capacity of 2 Bluetooth connections that the Apple TV can serve. If the apple remote also uses BLE for commands, then this might be the issue for me.

Anyhow. On the last 2 races I have only allowed the Kickr to connect to the Apple TV bluetooth channel, and paired the powermeter, cadence sensor AND HR-monitor to the Zwift Companion app on the phone. I have not had any issues on those rides.

(Jonathan Assouline) #50

Hello,

@Vincent could you please provide clear answer on the above issue ?

Is a fix planned on Zwift side ? (if yes, anytime soon)
Your current procedure is quite heavy (we all like to step on the bike and launch zwift, not spending 30 mn before understanding which BT is taking over…)
Does removing the cadence sensor meanwhile and using only the kickR is enough until the fix ?

Thank you vm for your time,

JA

(Ruben Dankaart) #51

Strange thing, maybe helpful for Zwift/Wahoo. I had the same issues as everyone else here and did the following and have now been Zwifting with accurate resistance for a week. My setup is a Kickr 2017 with a pretty old Ipad:

• Disconnected and deleted the Wahoo fitness app on my ipad.
  • Disabled bluetooth on my iphone and turned off any other bluetooth devices that were in that room.
  • Disconnected the cadence sensor and took out the battery.
  • Voila now it works.

Hope this works for others too!

(Craig De Maio) #52

Im going to give this a try thank you, Trond.

(Ronaldo Aguilar) #53

Hy guys. Anyone konws hot to fix my problem, the computer "see"and conect with the wahoo but the Zwift just keeps looking for it and it is not able to find and conect.
Thanks

(Vincent W.) #54

Hey Jonathan, great questions! Since these are related, Jon gave a statement on the resistance issues and a fix:

(David Greenyer) #55

Mine is a constant problem, no loss of connections. I have bought a KICKR and a Apple TV 4K and add devices via an android Tablet. I have never installed wahoo software. I dont see the ERG button anywhere, I have a constant resistance wether uphill or flat, the only difference is the virtual speed shown. Without gear changing this is isnt very engaging.
I’m still on 30 day trail, until this is solved I wont be paying any money monthly and will look to use traineroad or something. Hope you can fix or reply with a solution :frowning_face:

(Craig De Maio) #56

You will have to install the wahoo software to perform the spindown every two weeks. I will try to delete my wahoo fitness app before the next ride.

(Hp Lund) #57

Setup:

*Kickr Core w/latest firmware
*AppleTv 4g
*CabLe (Garmin hrm and PowerTap pedals)

I experience no resistance issues especially during workouts with Erg mode (also during rides). Spun out at 150w @110rpm tonight. One thing I noticed, was that the resistance came back when I entered the menu trying to fix the issue. But it disappeared again when returning to the workout…

Don’t know if this has any value, but I’m sharing it as related input.

I’ll try to ride without the CabLe active tomorrow to see if it improves (cadence is part of the data feed from the PowerTap pedals).

I’m new to Zwift (member for one month), but sadly it has been to many issues so far.

Looking forward to the fix for AppleTv.

(Jeremy Diaz) #58

It was too frustrating waiting for the Zwift Devs to fix bluetooth. I’m not even sure that they feel like there is an issue. I decided to spend the extra money to purchase an Ant+ adapter, laptop, and laptop stand in order to get things to work as it should.

Ever since going to this setup, everything has been perfect. I haven’t tested using my phone in companion mode with this setup, but i suspect that will work too as long as I keep bluetooth turned off on my phone. I know only connect to my trainer via ant+ and it’s working great.

Hopefully the Zwift devs will get this resolved soon.

(Matthew Papapetrou) #59

Hey all,

So i had same issues as everyone using wahoo kickr 2018 connected tk ipad via BLE. Over last few weeks switched to my macbook and ant+ to solve the problem, which worked.

I updated the app today and used ipad again, connecting via BLE and all worked perfectly, so it looks like the update worked.

Guys thanks a lot for the support, other companies should take examples from your customer support.

Thanks

(Craig De Maio) #60

Is the update for Apple TV as well?