New Zwift Hub - no power, cadence, speed data

First off, do you have an ANT+ dongle placed close to the trainer and connected to the PC so that the trainer signal is, for sure, being picked up? Second, you mentioned that for BT you were using the Companion app. Have you tried connecting the trainer an PC directly? I ask because your comment above seems to mention using a mesh network, and mesh networks are notoriously finicky when it comes to connecting to Zwift.

@Nigel_Tufnel - The ANT+ was no more than 50cm from the Hub - but I did also try the laptop about 1m away without the extension (so plugged directly into the laptop) - and same was done with BT on LT & PC and phone Companion App, all used not more than 1m from the Hub.

I did knock the wifi mesh network off completely (powered all three discs down) as I know thereā€™s quite a bit of noise there that could have been an issue - much to the disgust of others in the house :smiley:

1 Like

Zwift Support have been naff all use other than to send links to basic troubleshooting.

Having been informed that I have conducted all of those (and pointed them to this thread) they have closed the case and I have to rate their service between 1-5 ā€¦ :thinking:

sounds like the trainer is fucked straight out of the box. send it back and buy a saris h3

1 Like

@S_A_Cestria_CC given the pricing (and some of the reviews Iā€™ve been through this evening) then if Zwift canā€™t do an immediate replacement (and I expect them to be unable to, likely they sold all units rather than keep a percentage back for failures) then the H3 will be the replacement, thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

I have the exact same issues, too!
Zwift Support was not helpful so farā€¦

2 Likes

Early adopters are usually bug finders/fixers sadly

Sorry to hear it @Manuel_Muller - but also in a way good to hear it isnā€™t just me

@Chris_Holton yep - was thinking as it was older tech and demo units had landed with reviewers a while ago then QC would have been better, or at least a good process for DOA devices.

1 Like

Did you get and feedback, whether you should return youā€˜re HUB? The support-Team stopped answering me?!?

Is there any thought about trying the Jetblack siteā€™s support page ā€“ would they respond or help with their Zwift-branded versions of this trainer?

@Manuel_Muller - nope, nothing since this morning which was to clarify some of the screenshots in this thread - when PC/LT or mobile were used - so no comms since my reply at 09:41 BST

@Wannie Iā€™d missed that and should go investigate but if I was them and given issues I think Iā€™d wash my hands of a rebranded device.

If Zwift Support donā€™t sort something soon then the suggested Saris H3 is seeming a likely alternative (with Ā£275 off at Halfords and I can have it delivered free early next week, not the Ā£20 Zwift charged me)

Girlfriend just got the Hub and is having the same issues. She did the firmware update yesterday and was hoping to ride today. Paired up successfully but 0 watts and 0 mph. We tried on her Macbook and phone and no dice. Tried using my Windows laptop I always use for training and logged into my own account and same result. The blue light flashes when we unpair and turns solid once paired, so doesnā€™t look to be paired to something else already. My Kickr is unplugged, the device isnā€™t saved as a remembered device in Bluetooth anywhere. At a loss so will be contacting Zwift tomorrow. Not hopeful based on their lack of real support to Kev

Well I wish you luck @Jamie_Brady_6978 and @Manuel_Muller as Iā€™m getting nothing from support now and, in another thread about Hub vibration [forums(dot)zwift(dot)com/t/zwift-hub-issue/590796], forum staff have responded - this thread however seems to be being ignored even though support have read it (supposedly).

Having replied to their email of Saturday morning, I sent a further chase email on Sunday morning asking for them to set some expectation and inform me what ā€˜checksā€™ are being done when the hardware is physically with me and powered-down - and, once again, nothing.

Well, not nothing, an automated mail based on my purchase came through yesterday afternoon ā€¦

Bit of a kick in the teeth really.

I know itā€™s a First World problem and all that, but I would have expected better support and I honestly donā€™t think Zwift were geared up for itā€™s popularity and potential issue resolution activity.

Ride On (if you can)
Kev

I have the same problem, was really hyped to get started on zwiftā€¦
If you find a solution pls keep us updated.

1 Like

Hi @Jannick_Bauer - absolutely

When I have final information from Support then Iā€™ll post it here

As an aside, the last comms from Support were 24hrs ago and pretty nondescript in their actions

As Iā€™ve mentioned above, Iā€™m not sure what theyā€™re currently looking into - unless of course someone is going through all the ā€˜hold-backā€™ stock and checking each works before assigning a replacement (I live in hope) but it would still be nice to know what is actually going on.

Itā€™s so annoying the connection is fine but the trainer just wonā€™t show wattsā€¦I hope itā€™s some kind of software issue. Is there a way the get an earlier software version? I updated the trainer right away and have the newest software, maybe thatā€™s the problem.

One of the main reasons for me to buy this trainer was the easy setup and compatibilityā€¦ Now Iā€™m just trying to get my money back to buy the one from wahoo. But their service is terrible (at least here in Germany)

1 Like

All,

I also encountered this problem upon initial setup. It connected and found the hub, but I wasnā€™t getting any watts, cadence, etc. when I started zwifting. Unfortunately, I donā€™t recall the steps I took to get it working, but mine did eventually work.

I took about a one-hour break (not intentionally) and then came back to it. I know that I restarted bluetooth on my iphone and also restarted the zwift app (but I made sure that I was connected to the hub via the companion app prior to restarting the zwift app). Also, for whatever reason, I disconnected my heart rate monitor from zwift and only connected it after the hub was working.

Do you recall if it was an issue with permissions. Giving the Zwift App permission to location and Bluetooth.

Is this location and bluetooth in Windows? Sounds more like mobile and the companion app to me.

The connection to a PC should work without the companion app running, at least in pairing and display cadence/power/speed if the pedals (or flywheel) are turned in the same way the HRM display pulse during pairing.

I think the current count in this thread is five with the same issue - still no response today from zwift support - service really isnā€™t up to expectation

That is for mobile.

1 Like