Kickr Bike Shift

Ciao guys!

I’ve just got my Kickr Bike Shift; my expectations for this bike was super high (because of the cost), but honestly I’m not satisfied 100%.
especially for the fatigue you have to put on the pedals. Too much hard compare to the Wahoo Kickr Core for example. Is it normal? I use only in ERG mode.

If anybody are using this bike, could share with me some feedbacks?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers
Simone

Is it just a case it more accurate than the core?

Have you power meter pedals to compare against?

1 Like

Hi, I do feel the same way. I just switched from my Kickr Core to the Wahoo Bike Shift and my FTP dropped by 30watts.

It feels much harder to average 270 watts aswell…

Really annoyed, cause I do not want to go through the whole process of sending it back again.

Exactly Moritz, same sensations :sleepy:
I don’t know if could be an issue for the bike, or is normal (since we don’t have a real bike under the ass, the feeling it will be different for sure), but is annoying. Maybe could be fixed with some settings, but honestly I didn’t found nothing. Or easily, it is what it is and we have just have to get used to.

Waiting for someone else that can help us :grinning:

Ciao ciao
Simone

I would also like to point out that the watts on Zwift continue to swing, especially when I do training in ERG mode. the bike does not keep the wattage fixed but oscillates up and down, compared to the wattage I should maintain. Mess! :sleepy:

My wife has this bike and I did some testing in ERG mode.

I have her bike set to 2 chain ring 12 speed and DI2 Synchro shifting

I found if I was in gear 1 - 1, 1 - 2, 1 - 3, 1 - 4 and 1 - 5 ERG mode was terrible and it felt like the power was yoyoing all over the place. Once I was in atleast the 6th gear that went away and felt more normal.

At the moment it appears Power Smoothing does not work on the shift as well so you would be seeing the true power readings so all that up and downs.

Definitely try and make sure you are not in your easiest gears and more tradition middle of the cassette to get that straight line and see how it goes.

What would help though is if Zwift actually added gearing support for this bike to visually see in game what gear you are in

Go vote up this thread -

Also, there is an on-going thread about an external gear display for KICKR BIKE and SHIFT here -

1 Like

/signed

Feels harder than my old Elite Drivo

Do not have proofed data due to seasonal fluctuation, but I guess my indoor ftp is approx. 5% lower

Of course outdoor is different again. You can compare indoor vs indoor only.

I upgraded from kickr core to shift back in Oct.
Never use ERG mode personally but havent generally felt that the shift requires more power.
It absolutely does feel different though, due to the shift doesnt have a fly wheel so you dont get that drive inertia as such.
Maybe its that