Wahoo Kickr Bike - External Gear Display

Hi

I just have to show my small holiday project…

I replaced my Stages Bike with a Kickr Bike V1 but was still missing the gear display in front of me, like on the Neobike.
So finally having a couple of days off from normal duties, I fired up the Arduino IDE and made this small project.

Short video on YouTube

I plan on adding displaying watts too ( next holiday :smirk: ) and make the code available on Github, if anyone else wants to have a display or improve the code ( it’s still to ugly for any kind of public release :flushed::grin: )

BooX

I still use an OG Neo, but wanted to congratulate you on a very cool project you have there!

:ride_on:

2 Likes

Shortly after the KICKR BIKE was released, there was speculation that the BIKE would show gearing in the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM. That would be good, since a typical sweat guard obscures the gear information on the small display.
I don’t think that has happened yet.
Does the BIKE broadcast gear information?

It broadcasts something - RGT displays it. Wish Zwift would too.

1 Like

Hi

Yes the gear info is broadcasted in the bluetooth stream, and even in a pretty clear format that an amateur programmer like me can get useful data from.

I don’t think there’s any data being broadcasted in the ant+ stream :thinking:

BooX

1 Like

Hi, it would be great if you publish this projekt on github :wink:

2 Likes

very cool, does frustrate me that Zwift won’t support gears in Zwift from the kickr bike. Probably never will now wahoo are suing them over the Zwift Hub - just hurts the end user.

2 Likes

Hi

I will Marcus… I’ll hope to find some time for cleaning up the code and adding a few comments ( that’s the same issue every time :thinking::wink: ) before I publish it.

BooX

2 Likes

Very cool! Would it be possible to show the gradient on your display? I’d like to use no-UI mode more often, but would still like to be able to see the gradient (since it isn’t displayed in Companion app anywhere).

2 Likes

Today i’ve ordered the TTGO Display and i will try to program it self.

The Bluetooth Signal have i allready analysed :wink:

1 Like

Awesome @Marcus_Roesnick I’ll still try to get my project published.

I’m so much down on time at the moment, but :crossed_fingers:
The code is embarrassing “dirty” and needs a lot of cleanup before publishing.
That being said, I use it almost every day and it just works.

I have a lot of ideas for the next version, but again - time… :roll_eyes:

BooX

1 Like

Hi Boox,

maybe you can share your actual Code, (dirty or not) on git hub and the community can Work together to get it clean and optimized? Thats what a community is for :wink:

Greetz,
Marcus

1 Like

What’s your Github alias Marcus ? :wink:

BooX

Hi Boox,

“Rossi0209” is my Alias on GitHub :wink:

Greetz
Marcus

Hi

I’ve sent you a collaborator invite, keeping the repository private until it gets some cleanup.

If anyone else wants to join in, let me know :blush:

BooX

1 Like

Hi Boox,

thank you for the invitation :+1:
I will give my best to clean up the code and will try to make it a little more simple.

(Of course i will keep the code privat.)

Greetz
Marcus

Awesome @Marcus_Roesnick :grinning:

I’ll probably order a couple of LiLyGo T-Embed’s to test on too - just in case I get some free time :wink:

BooX

1 Like

Hi Boox,

Part1 is finished, Ttgo works with your Sketch. (Works great :+1:)
In the next days comes the cleanup :+1:

(My son is a professional developer, i’m an IT Professional (VM) Platform Engineer, we will check the code together) :wink:

Greetz
Marcus

5 Likes

Hi Marcus

Absolutely awesome to see my ( crappy ) code run another place in the world :grinning:

Can’t wait to see the improvements you will come up with :blush:

BooX

2 Likes

Code Update will take some time,
at first i have changed the direction and 3D printed a case :wink:

7 Likes