Intel integrated graphics gen 10 and 11

Has this been fixed. I bought a new desktop last year with a Gen 10 i7 with integrated graphics but I am using an NVIDIA G-Force video card. Zwift installed normally. But when you click on it to run it… Nothing.

Thankfully I run Zwift very reliably on an old i5 laptop. But the frame rate is HORIBLE (15 fps)

How about AMD chips?

No. There’s a workaround for Windows 10 (install an old driver) but that’s it.

This is a different issue. If you’re using a graphics card then the integrated graphics on the CPU is irrelevant. Shouldn’t be having any problems, so it needs sorting separately.

Not sure what your question is.

Update from me:
5 crashes today after 0:22 (as in zero minutes twenty two seconds), 6:58, 6:50, 15:26 and 2:02. (2 other times in the hour it didn’t crash, I did really short rides in the hope it wouldn’t crash.) It worked fine for a few months with an old driver from Summer 2020, then after an update and it started crashing again. I have the most recent driver update. 5 times it crashed in an hour. I meet or exceed all the minimum requirements. I don’t need super graphics, I just want it to work. Very frustrated…

1 Like

Is this still a thing? Can I run Zwift with Intel UHD 750 integrated graphics? (i5 11500)

Hi @Oguzhan_Yavuz

To my knowledge, the Zwift app crashes occurring on PCs using 10th and 11th Gen Intel CPUs with integrated Intel GPUs is still an ongoing issue – no solution as yet.

The Intel® Core™ i5-11500 Processor with integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 750 GPU is 11th gen, so I’d wager it’s susceptible to this issue.

Using a high end discrete GPU made for gaming will likely result in you having better luck avoiding Zwift app crashes.

3 Likes

Any new workarounds? Sooo frustrating.

Hello. I’m also facing the problem and with each contact with support the alternatives seem to change. They even suggested that I try a solution here on the forum.
Rolling back my drivers to the previous version doesn’t seem like a solution to me, since I play other games on my laptop (like Fortnite) and none of them are having any kind of problem like the one that has been running on Zwift.
It’s unbelievable that I’ll have to go back to using my old laptop to solve this, since the new one, which is more powerful in everything, can’t handle it.
In the last few workouts of the last few weeks there was a freeze and shutdown of Zwift in practically every workout.
Very frustrating.

Acer Predator PH315-53

Graphics Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design

RAM: 32GB

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

This issue shouldn’t affect you; you’re not (or shouldn’t be!) using integrated graphics. Unless you need the iGPU for Quick Sync, I’d suggest disabling it in the BIOS completely.

The problem is affecting me. I’m using the dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q design) and still my Zwift freezes and turns off. And it happens in pretty much every workout.

That’s a separate issue then, and workarounds such as rolling back the driver don’t apply to you. This thread relates to Intel integrated graphics, you should be fine with Nvidia.

If it’s only happening in workouts, the issue may be something to do with this: FPS issues after update to v.1.25.0 while doing workout

Training, riding or anything else you can do on Zwift. Crashes all the time.
Sorry for the bad English as it’s not my native language.

No need to apologise, it’s infinitely better than any attempts I could make at your language. :wink:

You shouldn’t be having any crashing or freezing with your system - if Zwift is definitely using the 2070 and not being confused by there being two GPUs available. It’s not unheard of for this to cause weird issues with Zwift, hence my suggestion to disable the iGPU completely. Unfortunately aside from reinstalling the game, you don’t have many options. I would typically advise starting over with Windows 10 to rule out software issues generally, but if you use the laptop for other games then that’s a lot of messing about and it might only be the same at the end of it all.

I’m going to completely disable the iGPU and see if that fixes it. Thank you very much.

Good luck, it’s worth a try.

Coincidence or not, these freezing and auto shutdown problems started when another problem started: avatar flickering (both happening).
It’s a shame I’ll have to go back to the laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 3550h processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX-1650 graphics card. I’ve never had any of these problems here.
The upgrade didn’t work for Zwift.

If you mean this: Streamable Video

Then it’s an old issue, the workaround is here: New launcher (1.0.51) causing stutter on Windows systems [SOLVED] - #49 by Dave_ZPCMR

Yes, that’s it. So long and there is still no official solution. Geforce Experience solved it here.
It seems that the glitches are piling up and there is no interest/ability from the Zwift team to resolve.
Interestingly, none of this seems to affect my old laptop. Sometimes less is more.

Is this still an issue. Getting colder outside so looking to re activate. Drivers have since updated a lot, v30+ now.

Anyone have had issues recently?

@Andy_Turnbull_AHDR How’s it been with OBS running?

Hi Dave,

I’ve been away overseas a little bit but the times I have used Zwift it’s been working fine. I’ve also disabled the anti-virus which has also helped. In summary no further crashes which is great.

I noticed after a recent Zwift update this week that the whole display of Zwift appears sharper. Has there been an upgrade?. All lettering and numbers appears to be in a different font. Looks pretty good IMO.

Regards,

And

1 Like