Intel integrated graphics gen 10 and 11

Hi all, just wanted to add my 2 cents here - New joiner on Zwift (I ordered the new Zwift Hub on Oct 3rd and got myself going the next day upon delivery).

I use a Surface Pro 8 i5 with its integrated graphics card, and cast on my TV via HDMI. I’m running into the same issue as all others, and I seem to unfortunately be doomed as I run W11 and the workaround is only for W10.

As of today Oct 11, I believe there have not been more recent updates than this thread (and I’ve been looking!). I opened a ticket with Zwift Support, but from what I read I don’t have much hopes.

I’ll have to fall back to the phone app, which is a real pity - makes me feel disappointed and kind of cheated on by Zwift. Let’s keep hopes up that they end up tackling this issue as more people raise it, not much more I can do from my position.

Thanks all for the messages here, at least I can find comfort in knowing what the root cause is :slight_smile:

Install OBS and see how you get on. Steps are here (note that they were originally posted in relation to another issue, recently fixed): New launcher (1.0.51) causing stutter on Windows systems [SOLVED] - #49 by Dave_ZPCMR

1 Like

Dave,

From the very bottom of my heart, THANKS !

I just managed to finish my first 60’+ ride with ZERO issues thanks to your guidelines with the OBS workaround… I’ll get back to this thread in a few weeks to confirm no more issues, hopefully helping out other lost souls in the same situation as I was before running into you!

I am DELIGHTED, thank you so much man !!! Ride on !

Diego

6 Likes

Promising stuff, do keep us posted on whether it’s a proper fix and wasn’t just by chance. :+1:

If Zwift crashes then you can recover ride data up until the crash. Go to (on a PC at least) yourndocuments folder, then zwift then activities. In there will be a fit file, tylically named something like inprogress (going from memory so can’t remember for sure. Manually upload this to Strava and your ride data will be there.

Its not much of a compensation for the pain of rhe crash, but it helps…

This is so frustrating after completing 3 rides on my trial period I becameca subscriber.

In the 3 attempts to train since, zwift has stopped responding. I had really enjoyed the experience of the trial period but Im not paying to be frustrated.

I too am running at 10th generation laptop.

Have you tried the (potential) workaround mentioned above?

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply, the software download definitely improved the stutter/flickering I experienced.

Everything was going so well until the 31 minute mark when everything froze, very frustrating when the session was a 90 minute one.

I had no idea this problem was so common, I will look around at other platforms.

Zwift is great, but not for people running certain software

1 Like

So it still froze with OBS running in the background? :confused:

Yes, however after I posted I decided to uninstsll McAfee from my pc and use windows defender.

As soon as I restarted windows asked if I wanted to allow zwift access to my pc ( an option I couldnt access on my version of McAfee) I gave permission and had 50 minutes of trouble free zwifting until my laptop battery died.

So all hope is not lost, will try again tomorrow with the laptop plugged in ( coyldnt believe how quickly the battery depleted)

Thanks again for your advice

4 Likes

Hi everyone

As promised an update after a month - Everything has been going smoothly; no crash on any of the ~10 sessions I’ve done.

However, I did crash today. In Makuri Islands, doing some research, seems I’m not the only one. Had OBS on - so it’s not completely failure proof, but it does work quite well!

Diego

Makuri Islands is wrecked for many people and various setups on the current update, so I wouldn’t read too much into that. Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

This is very similar to an issue I have reported to ZWIFT.
Locking up at 33 mins of an hours session, using a HP laptop.
I sent the logs to ZWIFT who confirmed it’s a driver issue with Intel however when I try to update the driver it says up to date.
MY PC guy says there is an issue with that driver and that apart from rolling back the version there isn’t a fix at the moment.
If it’s a PC he could fit a different graphics card.
So until then I’m off ZWIFT, very annoying as I mostly is in the winter and I brought the laptop primarily for ZWIFT.
I’m on a TACX training platform, till resolved I guess.

Try OBS.

OBS, not something I know

Look up the thread a bit.

Yep found it, thanks.
I will give it a go tomorrow.
Worth a try whilst I still have this months subscription to test it with.

Do you still use a HDMI to cast ?
Is this an issue or just mentioned it.

Yep even though it’s a known issue we still go through the run around with all the checks and changes then come back to the same issue.

Just note to say I started having Zwift crashed on my Lenovo laptop with Iris XE 11th gen processor. Laptop new in February ‘22 and has been fine up to last Zwift update in December. Since then been seeing crashes randomly between 15 mins and 75 mins of a race. Tried a clean install of Windows 11 and installed a graphics driver from Intel website dated 23rd Dec ‘22, sadly crashes are still occurring.