Hi, I’ve been having a pretty tough time getting HR data on Zwift. I’m using a Garmin HRM-Dual that came with a Garmin Edge 520 Plus Bundle. I’m hoping someone can help because Zwift CS keeps reiterating the same troubleshooting steps.
Here’s what I’ve done so far:
(1) Verified the original issue was the battery was dead. Took out old battery, let module discharge (15min), put in new battery and verified it can connect to my Garmin Edge 520 biking computer (which it originally came with).
(2) Disconnected from Garmin Edge 520 and tried to pair with Zwift via Zwift Companion App (running on Samsung Galaxy S10). Unsuccessful.
(3) Successfully reconnected to Garmin Edge 520 to verify the new battery is still working. Successful. Disconnected from device menu before proceeding.
(4) Opened TacX Training App on Samsung S10. Successfully paired my trainer, cadence meter, AND heart rate monitor on the first attempt.
(5) Disconnected all three connections from TacX App, closed TacX App and restarted phone.
(6) Opened Zwift App (full app, not companion) on Samsung S10. Successfully connected to TacX Flux 2 Trainer but won’t recognize either Garmin HRM-Dual or cadence meter (also Garmin, came with same bundle) via Bluetooth.
(7) Enabled ‘ANT+ for Android App’ by tapping the button in the top left corner. Searched for HR monitor again, unsuccessful. App cannot locate the cadence meter either.
Please note my Garmin Edge 520 has been switched off since step 1, which was about a week ago.
Zwift customer support keeps trying to saying the issue is with other software but that doesn’t make sense. I can pair and disconnect between multiple devices (S10 via TacX Training and Garmin Edge 520 Plus) seemlessly, but as soon as I try to locate one of these devices with anything Zwift related (full app or companion app) I’m all of a sudden having issues.
I’m wondering if the ANT+ dongle for my computer (Microsoft Surface Pro if that matters) might be the only solution, since my trainer can pair via Bluetooth directly to my computer… but I don’t want to throw more money at this issue if it’s not going to work out. On the other hand, it doesn’t make sense that one piece of software can connect (TacX) using the same device (S10), but another app (Zwift) cannot. TacX Training app, while not ideal, at least works and I need HR data to train properly over the winter.
Someone please help so I can have some fun on Zwift while training too!