Game Update - May 19th, 2021

@shooj: Be sure to read some of the other comments, because there appear to be people anxiously hoping that there will be some actual ‘settling of the dust’!! :rofl:

9 Likes

Not working on my side (windows)
I uninstalled and try to reinstall.
But screen is on « preparing updating »
And noting happen. Loading bare is at 0%

Using the world hack Makuri Isl replaces Watopia. Without the world hack it’s Watopia, Makuri Isl, New York for the next 10 days.

1 Like

That argument is no longer valid. 5,000+ people on Paris, New York, Yorkshire etc during Jan and Feb this year was way too many people (on Paris it was absurd with that many people, constantly bouncing left and right as there was a person every couple of metres).

Even last night with only 1,500 on Yumezi it felt crowded. It’s not so bad at this time of the year but in 7 months time it will be a lot worse. I can’t imagine what 10,000 people on Yumezi would look like. Zwift needs to do something about it before the end of the year. Maybe make Watopia, London and Yumezi permanently available and rotate the others. Whatever they do Zwift has outgrown the Watopia + 2 guest worlds system.

5 Likes

They either need to offer more worlds or do something about the old CPU bottleneck problem because it absolutely ruins the game when it’s like this.

I definitely think there’s something off about the new world though, it doesn’t feel like the performance is right. Whether it’s the shadows, the mist, or something else I’m not sure.

1 Like

What do you mean by performance?

Ditto on Marko’s post.

1 Like

On decent PC hardware. Makuri is noticeably worse than the others, and no, it doesn’t require a better graphics card. The CPU bottleneck of the world itself is massive, even with nobody around there are places where my system isn’t even hitting 60fps and the GPU isnt close to being maxed out. This is in 4K and dropping to 576p makes no difference, because GPU isn’t the problem.

1 Like

I was running an offline recon of Makuri Island snd there was visible stutter for my avatar throughout. Surely not a GPU issue as system was working fine but Zwift was like groaning to keep up.

3 Likes

I have the same issue. Ugh!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: macOS problems with new update? [1.13.0] [May 19 2021]

i saw this, too (also on the 1660). it’s weird because it SEEMS like there is a lot more graphics load on the new world: a mist layer, an “edge of road” layer on dirt, the road layer itself, decoration layer that helps blend the road into the scenery – just a lot more layers that move relative to each other. but if you change to lower detail, it doesn’t fix it.

for me, i can mostly ignore it, but it is worrying for sure.

GPU utilisation isn’t maxed out though, it’s CPU load instead holding it back.

I’ll bet the new world is a lot bigger in 7 months. There has been hints of “bigger than Watopia”, 50+ miles of roads …

Do you know what the new world is?

2 Likes

My pc app keeps crashing

The hardware requirements to hit 60fps on this world are far higher than all the others. Most of the time it’s like being in a big group ride even when there’s nobody else around, with the GPU waiting on the CPU. Then you turn a corner and suddenly the utilisation ramps up due to the foliage. These wild swings in bottleneck (and frame rates way below 60fps) won’t be noticed by people on low end devices and Apple TV, but it’s a real shame for those of us who really enjoy the visuals a decent PC can provide.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Certain camera angles when ‘Just Watching’ produce grey screen on Makuri Islands

Dear Zwift.

Thanks for the great updates you have provided to the program.

I’ve been with you since the Beta n love the format.

Just to also let you know that I have no issues with the updates n my system is fine despite running on broadband of less than 8 mbs at max.

Love the new island n can’t wait to see where we go from here.

Just thought ild post a positive post to keep you happy due to the normal number of negative replies you get. :thinking: :grin:

1 Like