Game Update - May 19th, 2021

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: macOS problems with new update? [1.13.0] [May 19 2021]

I think from June the 1st all worlds will be available. You’ll be able to choose any one. Just a hunch, but I think it’s coming. But I’m usually wrong about these things!

2 Likes

It’d be very welcome, for sure.

The “Guest world” (and later “two guest world”) system was better than nothing, but never what we asked for. As more and more worlds are added, each gets less time in the spotlight. Workarounds like world hack and meetups are OK for some, but not optimal.

I don’t see why they can’t just update the UI to have a menu strip or tile set to select the world. It’s not as if the other “non-guest” worlds are offline when it’s not their turn.

I guess the argument would still be to maintain some sort of minimum user count by channelling them towards fewer worlds; but as more people come on board that argument holds less and less water.

3 Likes

You pay a subscription fee to use Zwift’s platform as they provide. Your words, not mine.

Is that purely a hunch or have you seen something somewhere suggesting it?

DISREGARD. I CAN LOG IN NOW.

I cannot log into the Android app after the update on there.

I get a message that reads: “There was an error logging in with that account”

I have not changed my password recently. I tried re-entering my creds to no avail.

version: 1.13.0 (70425)

cc: @shooj

@Marko_TeamVegan I just updated my Zwift app on my android phone and got right in without issue.

It works now. Maybe there was a server issue.

This seems like something that would be cool as an event flag type of option. In a race, I love the idea of hiding the HUD and having full particle density to add that extra layer of race strategy and the potential to take advantage of the reduced visibility to make a move. Outside of a race situation though, it doesn’t really add anything and I’d prefer lower particle density to enjoy the view.

2 Likes

Upon my first visit to Yumezi, I received a Saris jersey… did I do something to earn this new kit or is it part f the update?

1 Like

With the longest route being 15km I am hoping that there will be at least 15km if not more like 30km+ more added before the next Northern Hemisphere winter season but who knows.

Fingers crossed there are significant additions in the next year!

Looks nice, think I’ll wait until it calms down a bit before experiencing it properly. At present the frame rate is absurdly low due to the conga line bottlenecking the GPU as usual.

1 Like

Is that on PC? Even on my old android phone it’s running just fine

That’s not really a comparison. :wink:

A post was split to a new topic: [Chat broken for Event Leader [1.13.0 [May 2021]

I was just curious, used my PC last night for the world hack but only 56 people present. On phone it’s never been an issue performance wise but not tried the new world yet on it. Wondered if it was going to be a bit laggy as the graphics are def a little plusher

It’s not the graphics as such, though you’re right, all the foliage and dust does have an impact and there’s lots on the new map. In Zwift when there are lots of riders around the CPU becomes the bottleneck and GPU utilisation drops like a rock as frame rate suffers. This evening I was getting about 50fps which is basically pants for a solo ride, with my GPU chilling at 60% utilisation. I’m usually at 80-90fps in 4K Ultra. So it depends on your definition of ‘running fine’. :slight_smile:

Ah ok thanks

Update installed, couldn’t beget past launch sceeen “let’s go” actually it did once but locked up, I’ve reinstalled twice and lost an hour half trying to resolve, as a new Zwifter I’m immensely disappointed!

While the dust settles on Yumezi’s recently opened roads, the new map will be available to free ride only as we continue development and ensure there are no hidden potholes along the routes. Once Yumezi is ready, we will open it up for Meetups and events

1 Like