Game Update - May 19th, 2021

Oh, ps…

Love the cats. :grin:

I lost mine a few months ago :confused:, so nice to see him on zwift. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I can’t believe Scotty the Squirrel is allowing those cats on Makuri

2 Likes

That is crazy! Can’t believe it! What will be the next!?

There’s a forested area on the new island with yellow autumn foliage. As I rode through it, the screen became extremely dark…barely visible, until I left that area. Anyone else have that issue?

It was during daytime of that world, in case anyone was curious.

1 Like

Yes. Not sure if it is related to this world though as when it happens I am riding on a computer and it happens in every world like the fuego flats tunnel, etc.

First time i’ve ever seen this in any world. I use a PC.

Updated today and now I can’t log in! I click ‘Let’s Go’ and it just crashes/closes. Restarted, re-logged in - no good. Help!

@Marko_TeamVegan do you mean this area?

If so, graphics takes a big hit there - FPS drops from 60fps to 30-31 which is lowest in the map for me. The map seems to take a big hit in most areas on decent graphics cards which is fairly disappointing from Zwift though. Will be interesting to see what an event with a decent size bunch of riders does.

1 Like

Yes, it was that area. It felt like someone moved a contrast slider all the way to zero and the screen was almost totally black.

1 Like

Are you on a Mac or Apple TV? There are separate threads on known crashes in the new release, over in the Known Issues forum.

Clicking OK on the in-game leaderboard forces the program to exit.

A hunch, but something @Shane_Miller_GPLama mentioned on his recent YouTube clip. But as I said, I’m always wrong about these things but it would definitely be welcome. I just get the feeling that something big is coming zoon.

Fair enough, if Shane mentioned it then perhaps it does have some legs.

Not specifically as in going to be implemented but that it should be… But he often gives out some clues and this one definitely seems like it’s now time, although looking at the issues caused by the release, lack of meet-up functionality etc makes me think rather than working on something big, zwift are just struggling to develop at the moment.

2 Likes

I’ve updated zwift for the new world, even uninstalled and reinstalled it but I’ve found that the general floor beside the road is not there and it looks like water everywhere (see the picture below). I’m using an android tablet to play it through.

Is anyone else having this issue and/or any suggestions on how to sort this or is it just a bug that’ll be corrected soon enough?

I’ve tried uninstalling, deleting folder, reinstalling.

For some reason Makuri will not load. I can get past the pairing screen and be able to select a world, but if I choose Makuri it always hangs and won’t actually enter the world.

And only if I choose it first. Just tried loading Watopia, and then exiting, and then choosing Makuri, and it works. Weird

Only Makuri. Watopia loads no problem.

I’m on an Asus laptop for what it’s worth.

1 Like

Hello Wes,

Any hope that the development
group will fix the crash bug for Surface Pro X with i7 cpu Iris graphics? The crashes have been going on for several months and make Zwifting very frustrating.

Thanks

Hi MBurritt!

Have you had a chance to contact customer support regarding this issue? They may be able to assist in other troubleshooting steps. They will also gather key information for us to better understand the issue you’re seeing.

Hi there, Fred_Manning!

What type of Android tablet are you using? Do you happen to know what kind of processor and GPU it has?

Hi Don_Lycette_CRYO-GEN!

Have you had a chance to contact customer support regarding this issue? If no, would you kindly so we can gather all the details from you, please?