Game Update - March 16th, 2021

1 Like

PC, windows 10 (also updated in last few days) Blue motion, with separate waho cadence, speed and heart rate monitor all connected via blue tooth. All with new batteries today to eliminate that concern and software unistalled and completely reinstalled. Only other thing to mention is that i also signed up for the double xp tour just before Zwift updated to latest version. Also dont know if this is a symptom, but after update my settings defaulted to metric, and my weight was wrong. Iā€™m normally imperial, and had previosuly reset weight. Hope this extar info hleps.

Here are my answers, hope they help.

• Which computer OS are you using? Windows 10, update 20H2
  • What trainer? Tacx Blue MAtic, resistance 3 (as suggested in zwift)
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model? Garmin Bike Speed and Cadence Sensor 2
  • Is there a standalone power meter? Which one? No, no power meter
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals? ANT+
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computerā€™s built-in Bluetooth capability?No, I use USB ANT+ dongle

Matej

Itā€™ll help more if you could post in the main thread on this that I linked to.

Since the update I have an issues with very high w/kg, in excess of 5 w/kg when Iā€™m usually avg. 1.5.
Using:

• Which computer OS are you using? Windows 10
  • What trainer? Tacx Blue Matic Resistance 3 (dumb)
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model? Garmin Speed Sensor 2 - bluetooth
  • Is there a standalone power meter? Which one? No
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals? bluetooth
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computerā€™s built-in Bluetooth capability? computerā€™s built-in Bluetooth capability

Also signed up to Watopia Tour after update

Me too. I even got a badge for getting up to 50mph!

1 Like

I got a badge for maintaining 800w for 10 seconds!

1 Like

Same problem for me - same trainer and same resistance. I average about 3.8 and now averaging over 12. Power avenger 230w and now 600w plus with low effort.

2 Likes

thx, did it.

1 Like

I suspect a lot of people are going to need this:

1 Like
  • Which computer OS are you using? Windows 10
  • What trainer? Tacx Blue Matic Resistance 3 (dumb)
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model? Garmin Speed Sensor 2 - bluetooth
  • Is there a standalone power meter? Which one? No
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals? bluetooth
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computerā€™s built-in Bluetooth capability? computerā€™s built-in Bluetooth capability

Also signed up to Watopia Tour after update

I am going to ask again this month about Zwift starting a Beta user group. Is there any down side to Zwift having a small closed beta group that are dedicated members who test these releases in much smaller numbers before going out to the masses? These beta testing members understand that they are testing beta software that contains bugs and provide vital feedback to Zwift in an attempt to get it worked out before releasing. Then maybe going to an open beta once a bunch of bugs have been fixed then finally going out to the masses?

If not is there a reason why? I am no software engineer but perhaps that would resolve many of these issues and provide a much more stable system when rolled out. Does that model of beta testing not work with a program like Zwift for some reason?

6 Likes

Keep your eyes peeled, sounds like there are plans afoot for this kind of thing based on a few snippets Iā€™ve read recently.

2 Likes

Why has everybody on my companion got black an white Canadain flags

1 Like

Just done 90 min group ride.

70 mins in I have an ant+ dropout. The screen froze first and then came back after a couple of seconds after which no ant+

Had to unplug and plug in again & detect devices.

Never had this in 4 years. Dongle sat under trainer.

Canā€™t use Zwitalizer as theyā€™ve removed ant+ reporting. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a one off with my setup.

So another update and still no real new courses since last summer. Swift taking in the money from their customers and paying an intern to fix some crappy code that should have been right in the first place. Letā€™s hope the competition get some critical mass soon so we stopped getting ripped off for old stagnant content

1 Like

A very good idea. Maybe they could also hire some programmers to make some new content for the millions they take every month. I mean Iā€™m
just crazy brainstormingā€¦

2 Likes

Known bug from a while back that Zwift havenā€™t fixed yet.

If anyone has massive power boosts after the update, and you are using tacx dumb trainers, try swapping the Zwift trainer to the elite nova force. I have done this, and am now getting very very similar results to the tacx booster. Means I can carry on with honest training and publish honest results. Hope this helpsā€¦

5 Likes

Good day. I have a problem with zwift. two days ago it was salty and not today.

I have an elite realaxiom 2015, connected to the application via cables, I use a laptop. and today I canā€™t pair (find) a simulator with an application on any ntb all day. Why?

3 Likes