Game Update - March 16th, 2021

Great news. They haven’t replied to me, so I appreciate the information. Hope :crossed_fingers: they fix it… Have a great day.

It seems that typing a message in-ride that reaches the character limit leads to app crashes (Win10).

Three times since March 16 (once March 16, twice today, March 17)

It’s a big problem. I haven’t seen apps disappear without a trace like this since the days of Aldus PageMaker! (aka RageMaker)

I’m also having epic difficulty pairing since the update…

I would stop using the bluetooth keyboard for now, that appears to be causing the crash going by other bug reports from @Kevin_De_Clercq and others.

1 Like

Don’t dox me BNMF!

1 Like

Unfortunately, the chat is still broken. Feels like a small thing compared to the issues others are reporting, but as it was listed as a fix in this update I wanted mention it.

I did an Ascenders ride this morning and was right next to someone who was clearly responding to chat messages that I never saw — so I was reading half of a conversation and couldn’t make sense of it. If he could see the other’s chat, why couldn’t I? We were riding in a tight group. I also saw other “half chats” from further way.

If you look at the wording in the update about the fix, it sounds like they only focused on making it so beacons could see chat and not fixing that chat for riders overall. It also seems the red beacon designation is still bouncing around a bit as I saw one complaint from a sweep that her beacon had been swiped.

3 Likes

Can confirm the same app crash when exceeding the character limit for in-game messages on iOS. About 118 characters in (I think it was 118, I was just typing in digits to count and keeping a tally of the tens in my head) and Zwift crashes straight to desktop. Did it twice in a row to confirm it wasn’t a fluke.

I’ve got to say, while bugs are a common thing in every Zwift update the bugs in this months are pretty spectacularly bad. Seriously, get yourself a beta test team, I’m sure there’d be plenty of volunteers in the community. Let them run these updates for a week or two first before releasing junk on the whole community.

5 Likes

Please fix chat!!

1 Like

ANT+ diagnostic data removed from .log files in this latest March 16, 2021 update.
Please add this back!
Also waiting on update to implement the wahoo hardwire dongle/ethernet adapter into zwift (to eliminate dropouts)

Thank You!
Kirk Hawks

4 Likes

I was on that ride with you Lebasi and I can confirm the group chat is still broken. Could see the Ride Leaders and the Sweeps but I think I was seeing about 10% of the rest.

What is going on? I ride at 230w roughly and I am now on 800!!! iOS latest version. Phone.

1 Like

After the Update, my Bluetooth on my MacBook Air M1 doesn’t work well. Get error Messages and the i Cycle to fast. Reconnect doesn’t solve the Problem.

or some sort of UAT was done . In this case this looks like a unit test failure as this in a straight foward expected input , expected output issue.

My Zwift log of rides is not updating. I appear to have “lost” a whole week of rides from my Zwift records

Its a gamification idea for zwift updates call “Bug or Feature” . :rofl:

2 Likes

После обновления, Zwift перестал видеть мой старый станок, который подключается через USB провод к компьютеру. Родная Elite программа станок видет.

When will I be able to change rides/worlds on a Windows PC without having to completely log out and back in again?
Very frustrating and a waist of at least 2 mins every time!

Sadly another rather disappointing update:

• Ant+ information missing in the log file (that is important if you try to pinpoint an issue with ant to a certain device or improving your signal)

• despite the crashes when using a Bluetooth keyboard (yesterday’s Vikings leader had that issue) chat is still all over the place. Sometimes you see chat from leader and others and sometimes not (even if if you are right next to them)

• new draft mechanics/ group ride dynamics are -searching for the right way to put this…they still have some resources. It happens that you are doing 5watts and the person in front of you is at 3 and yet your avatar is stuck behind and can’t overtake. On top of that avatars are shooting to the middle of the street even if there is room on the correct side of the road to overtake someone.

• speeds are shown very low during the ride even if you are doing the same speed compared to before the update (an the traveled distance is the same).

And edit:

• while I was seeing the correct umlaut not all users did and not all characters (some Scandinavian letters were not visible to all)
2 Likes

Yikes, that’s a major one. :confused:

I ride Tacx Blue Matic (resistance 3) combine with Garmin speed and cadence sensor and a HR strap; right after update power calculation went crazy;I get abnormal power numbers; I ride up to max 350W, yesterday I got 400-500W with small effort, even 1200W in my biggest effort. Not realistic at all. Please look into that.

4 Likes

I have same issue Matej, but with blue motion and wahoo sensors.