Game Update - March 16th, 2021

Just automatically updated and now wattages are off the charts and restarting, deleting and re downloading app is not fixing it!

What trainer are you using Tom?

I’m using a tacx blue matic, with tacx speed and cadence sensors

Try swapping the trainer in Zwift to the Elite Nova Force, worked for me. Should get comparable figures to what you were getting before the update with your Tacx model. Good luck.

1 Like

Awesome thank you will give it a shot! really throws a spanner in works hopefully sort it soon

My power is reading far too high! Any thoughts please? Tacx booster with garmin ant speed cadence sensor.

I believe that the Tacx trainers are having a problem with ZPower. Nearly every model? Multiple reports all over on this. Zwift is aware.

See that !!
https://zwiftinsider.com/return-to-home/

Exactly the same issue. Watts went past 1200 and completed a load of achievements. Using Blue Matic with Wahoo Speed/Cadence sensors

Half an hour pi$$ing about restarting etc to get all my sensors to work and then when it finally does run it didn’t save properly…

First ride after update and I can’t see it :roll_eyes:

oh and it was a 60min group ride at exactly 40km so why did it try and save at 58:30 and 38.9km :man_shrugging:

Hey Libby,

just experience the crash myself while doing a free ride. 2 things that struck me:

1. the crash happened when writing a longer message (not sure about the exact character count) and just like that all of a sudden Zwift crashed. There was no crash log either…
    This is something that happened to some other team members as well when I asked around. It seems to not affect typing on the companion app though… → [UPDATE] : I have an example of a live stream where this happens, but I cant add a URL to a post where he whows this happening (why is that?).

2. [EDIT MARCH 19 - not a problem anymore, keys work again] Probably unrelated, but still noteworthy, Zwift does not recognize any Streamdeck input anymore (at least for me). Even when I map the screenshot key to a hotkey on the Streamdeck, it doesnt work in Zwift. This is unfortunate as this really makes leading our rides much harder when we are doing structured group workouts with custom messages and w/kg.

Thanks for your help on this!
Cheers

1 Like

Still getting runner chat on riding group events @Wes.

2 Likes

I think I’d prefer something more along the lines of a dynamic Draft efficiency for those more than a certain time behind the leader. This still encourages group ride dynamics and the use of sweepers while giving dropped riders the better chance at regaining the pack or possibly forming a secondary trailing pack a little off the back of the main pack…

Seriously. Update your version of Zwift already works.

Hey Wes, unfortunately this is not true. While german special characters like “äöüß” are fixed now (thanks for that), nordic languages like swedish, danish or norwegian are still not fully supported and I am pretty sure this applies to more languages out there.

You can try this by using åø or œ etc.

I know from conversations with Jacob Fraser that this is not an easy task as characters have to be added one by one, but honestly it has been a very long time since the community reported this and we really need to get this fixed. Zwift is an international platform with grouprides where people want to speak their own language.

Pretty sure the community will help you out compiling a list of all the needed characters if you open a thread.

Ride on,

Soup

3 Likes

For anyone using a Tacx Boost, Tacx Booster, Tacx Blue Matic, or Tacx Blue Motion: Here is how to get more realistic power numbers while waiting for Zwift to fix the problem properly:

I dug into the defined power curves and found what seems to be fairly close matches:

• Choose Jetblack M5 Mag Pro instead of Tacx Boost
  • Choose Tacx Blue Twist instead of Tacx Booster
  • Choose Jetblack M5 Mag Pro instead of Tacx Blue Matic
  • Choose Minoura MagRide-60 instead Tacx Blue Motion
4 Likes

Dear Zwift, a lot of people experience really crazy watts, as me, too.
It is vers disturbing so that both workouts and trainings are extremely low on efficience.

Pleeeeease do something about that.
Thanks a lot.

I see many people are having cadence issues with Tacx trainers. I have a slightly different issue.

I have an Elite Suito paired to Zwift over BT to my Windows 10 laptop. All sensors are via the Suito. Whenever the grade hits 7%, my Zwift cadence is cut in half, even though I’m actually pedaling at the same cadence in reality. It starts reporting the correct cadence once the grade goes under 7%.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Regards,
Tom

1 Like

Mystery bug of the day: on my first ride after the update, I got abysmal graphics (2 fps and just parts of bikes and avatars showing) whenever I produced some power but it went back to normal when I stopped, tried a couple of times. Rebooting once more didn’t help, but unplugging BT dongle and switching to ANT+ did, and after a ride and another reboot BT worked again as well. Can’t make this zwift up…

Seriously? Ride on…