Game Update - January 21st, 2021

Hi, just checking in to see if there is an ETA for a fixes on the known issues with these updates (1/21 and 1/25). It’s been a week and no real expectations for a fix have been set and the following problems remain in group rides:

1. Erratic yellow beacon behavior - not visible at start, location jumps around and identity switches between riders
  2. Chat not fully functional - can’t see always see communication from beacon or other riders
  3. Riders nearby list not correct - some riders right next to one don’t show up in list and those right next to one listed as being many seconds away

These issues render group rides incohesive and difficult to manage. Would really appreciate updated info on the plan to restore proper functionality.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Haha, be in my shoes.

An acknowledgement or even response from Zwift would be good.

1 Like

Thanks, I have emailed support at Zwift. I always join events on the companion app. They always show in the Apple TV. I’m just getting no other riders! :person_shrugging:t2:

It’s an odd problem you have there. Not seeing other riders is typically due to bad network connection, but they reappear when your connection comes back. You mentioned you reinstalled Zwift, so it’s unlikely you are on an old version, but I’d recommend you manually double check. The updates have been coming in quick succession lately. Is your Apple TV OS updated to the latest version? Again, manually check.

No help to you, but I’ve been using the Apple TV 4K for 3yrs now and it’s been problem free. I do know that some people have problems w/it, some more than others, but based on my experience it’s usually not the Zwift app or the Apple TV.

Hi - I think there has been a bug introduced with the last couple of updates for meet ups. Several times now I have received no “join meetup” notification in game. Either 30 mins out, 15, 5, 2 or just as it starts. I thought it may be a bug with the base world I was riding in. It was improved by always going to Watopia but it was not solved entirely. This happens with friends meet-ups, pre planned group rides on the companion app and race events… please help!

2 Likes

I think it has been like this for a while. If I don’t get the join notification, I just uncheck and check the event participation in the Companion app. Then I get the notification if there is less than 30min(?) left to the start.

A alguien se le han desaparecido los jugadores de la pantalla, no aparece nadie, ni en la lista de zwifters cerca. Desde que e actualizó a PC, cayó todo.

Bluetooth connectivity keeps dropping out, never used to. Zero watts coming though despite moving and pedals continue to talk to Garmin? Help it’s driving me nuts and losing me stars :star:

1 Like

I’m down roughly 40 watts power output since the update, Wahoo Kickr core and Apple TV, today I tried a Tacx Neo 2 and same still down, went from 3.8 W/kg to 3.1 on Zwift power since the update, Any ideas why ?

So you’re saying that your displayed power in Zwift is ~40W less than what is displayed on your Garmin, Wahoo, etc., head unit?

1 Like

I can’t use both together as the turbo only links to one device at a time, but since the update I struggle to hold the power I could before, even on another turbo it’s still a struggle.down from a 3.8 W/Kg to 2.8 W/Kg after todays race, similar heart rate effort feels the same but power way down since that update, and I can’t work it out.

Hi Guys, since the update I’ve dropped from 3.8 W/Kg avg to a 2.8 W/Kg and in todays race my avg speed was only 30.9 kph, I can hold that out on the road on my own for 160 km. I’ve tried two trainers just to check a Wahoo Kickr Core and a Tax Neo 2 Struggling with Zwift at the moment and can’t understand how to correct this low power issue.

It’s your watts that’s gone down as well, not just your w/kg? Because if it was just the latter then it could be that your weight has been accidentally increased.

I’m having an issue when I was on the Italian Villas, my ride suddenly went 70% slower when I hit the gravel. Everyone else sped by me. Why?

What turbo do you have?

You can definitely connect a Kickr Core or Neo 2 to both Zwift and your head unit at the same time. If using Bluetooth for Zwift, then use ANT+ for the head unit. If ANT+ for Zwift, you can use ANT+ or Bluetooth for your head unit.

Big Issues. Shortly after the update I cycled less and drank more wine. The update seems to have affected my fitness. Any plans on pushing through another update to solve this?

6 Likes

Dirt sections have a higher rolling resistance so zwift artificially slows you down, mountain bikes however are faster on dirt than road bikes.

When did this change? I’ve ridden this route before and never encountered such a drastic change. Especially since everyone zoomed past me.

summer 2019 I think?

Is this repeatable/reproduceable, or could it have been a one-off?