Game Update - January 21st, 2021

Use the Zwift Companion App to bridge the Bluetooth signal to the Mac. I have been doing that just with my Sterzo to my PC with very little issues.

ANT+ would be better, but from what I know it is not as responsive as of yet for steering.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Paul, just tested it and it works great, I’ll order my Sterzo smart now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone been able to get the KICKR Bike steering working?

I have a solid ANT+ connection to a Windows 10 PC and I followed the directions in the Zwift support article (Steering with a KICKR BIKE), but there is no evidence of a steering option.

Only works over Bluetooth.

For some reason that Zwfit [sic] page neglects to mention this.

Thanks for the reply and info.

Interesting that Zwift doesn’t mention this anywhere. You would think that Zwift would want to communicate this to reduce the number of support requests and customer frustration, but then again communication has never been one of Zwift’s strong points.

I would guess that Zwift felt they were ‘covered’ on this since they mentioned when the Sterzo was introduced that steering was introduced only BT was supported. (And that ANT+ might come later.) This was, of course, specific to the Sterzo, but they may have thought everyone would figure out that it applied to steering overall.

I hope that’s not the case. I’m a software engineer and one thing I’ve learned is to never assume anything. Honestly, how much work is it to add “must be connected using Bluetooth”?

Hi, will there be any bug fix at some point for the broken auto-upload from Training Peaks to Zwift? It was so nice that the only the workout scheduled on a given day automatically appeared in the Custom Workouts section and then was gone and replaced the next day by that day’s workout. It hasn’t worked for a long time and I’m hoping it will be fixed soon.

1 Like

I had the same problem…and my monthly membership ended after 17 days​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I see that you only chose a part of my comment, so it’s out of context. Clearly it doesn’t matter when the update is released IF IT WORKS. The issue we have with Zwift is that they release buggy code on Thursdays/Fridays, and then take the weekend off while we all have to deal with the issues.

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion. But, seriously, if something works, what does it matter when it’s released? Also, January 21 was a Thursday.

Friday for a bunch of the world :wink: EDIT: release time that is!

EDIT #2 - ignore, our Friday is still Zwifts thursday so irrelevant comment.

1 Like

100% same for me. Same kit. All worked then in Jan it all stopped.
Tried Wattbike beta firmware. IPad Air, s9+, MacBook Pro. 4g, wifi etc rebooted everything.
Tried support at zwift and got no reply to date.
Steering on Wattbike, its a hassle you have turn it off each time not disable it as it sure doesn’t work.

I can exercise along on the free Wattbike Hub app. I won’t stick on Zwift if I cannot see anyone.

While I understand what you are asserting, the reality is that there are a ton of ‘ifs’ in all of this. The issue most people seem to have with the Zwift releases is that they are released just before the weekend AND that they always seem to have some major bugs. And then, to top that off, all of the Zwift folks seem to take the entire weekend off, while the Forum is flooded with messages about all of the things that were ‘broken’ in the update. Would putting out the releases on a Monday help the issue? Maybe in some aspects. I mean, the bugs would still be there, but - at least in theory - someone could start working on the fix the next day, instead of 3 days later. But wouldn’t it be the same thing (well, actually a better thing) if Zwift would do more thorough testing before they release the updates? Then, as I stated, it wouldn’t be such a big deal if the release was on a Friday. Sure, as you stated, there is a great likelihood that there will always be some bug that won’t be detected until the update is released ‘into the wild’, but the issue we seem to have with the Zwift updates is that there is quite often some glaring issue that affects a lot of users that seems like it could have been easily detected before the actual release. The general user population doesn’t want to be the Beta testers (or, as it sometimes feels, Alpha testers) for each release. If nothing else, Zwift should plan to have some programmers working over the weekend after every release.

1 Like

Hello. Back to the future this morning during a MeetUp ! Sudden lack of bluetooth connection between Zwift and training base. At the 36th km of Ă  49k ride :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Using iPad Pro 2nd gen and Saris M2 base
Seems the update correction will have to be worked again :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_monocle:

No other riders using Apple TV since last update. I’m just riding alone and cannot join meet-ups or group events. Apple TV has been reset and Zwift reinstalled to no avail.

Sounds like some sort of issue with the communication with Zwift’s servers. You’re not using a VPN are you? Or a work laptop that might have a firewall? It’d be worth trying rebooting your router.

Thanks for the idea. The Apple TV is on a wired network. No VPN, firewall or anything between the Apple TV and internet router.

Have you opened a support case w/Zwift? Perhaps a bit got stuck on their side w/regards to your account :man_shrugging: Are you trying to join events via the Companion app or directly via the Apple TV interface?