Game Update - January 21st, 2021

I’m going to do a spin down and try again

Hi Lin, did that and both gave a similar power reading, so now Im confused as to why before the update I could ride with B.Brevet for over an hour comfortably and now lucky to last 15 minutes, I’m starting to think my trainer had me overpowered and somehow after the update has corrected itself ? and now I’m wondering am I at the correct W/Kg and outputting what I should have all along.

Zwift doesn’t support external BLE. I bought a BLE dongle as well, but Zwift doesn’t recognize it with my Kickr.

Have you got built-in BT as well? I don’t see why Zwift would be bothered if your BT was built-in or via a dongle, but if you’ve got both they might conflict.

Or if your BT is only via a dongle , it sounds like a driver issue. Make sure you’ve got the correct driver installed. If your dongle is only designed for, say, a mouse, then it may well not have the functionality to work with Zwift.

I have tested my trainer using a external Bluetooth dongle on Windows 10

Good to hear the numbers match. Forget about the old numbers and go forward.

:ride_on:

You can absolutely use a USB bluetooth dongle with Zwift. Probably needs to install the C++ packages.

Since the update, in any event where position is displayed, it says I am at the back of the group (in the final 10/20 riders). I’ve been in TDZ events where I am in the lead group of ~30 riders yet it tells me I’m 538th/560. This remains for the entire ride, if anything, my displayed position drifts further and further back even if I pass other riders. When I log in to Zwift Power my time and position is correct. I am using Zwift on iPhone XS. My wife uses iPhone XR and now she doesn’t have any other riders displayed on the screen when she is riding. None of these issues were present until the most recent update. Frustrating!

Ever since update zwift drops me 1 to twice on ride. Will be dropping zwift if it keeps up.

@Jason_Pedley_9432
Are you using a Wattbike Atom by any chance? If so, I used to get the same problem. I usually expect to be about middle in most events, but now always appear to be right at the back of the pack. So, I expect to place about 1000 out of 2000, but I’m showing as placing 1998 out of 2000.
When I started another race, I was late, and didn’t have time to disable the (absolute untested joke) steering, and suddenly, the positions were correct.
In summary, don’t disable the steering icon at all, and your placement will work as it should.
I hope this helps.

Group dynamics are even more broken in the last couple days. Beacons are more frequently not visible to all (even each other). Chat remains broken, rider list remains broken… sweeping rides is very hard when you can’t hear OR see riders falling off the back. Group banter is tricky when half or more miss all or part of it.

The lack of communication on this is funny on a meta-level, and very disappointing on every other front.

(One thread about the topic here: Group ride chat funkiness---can only see some of the messages - #6 by rue)

2 Likes

Hi the last update did not fix my Bluetooth connectivity issues that started about a month ago. Everything worked perfect till then. I run with a forerunner 245 and connection drops once I reach 2km!

I hope must of the stuff is update in the last 3 weeks :slight_smile: And we can continue to a great future.

I’ve noticed a lot recently that my Tickr isn’t detected and I need to go into the pairing screen to reconnect it.

I assume it’s a Bluetooth problem, as all my other peripherals are connected by ANT+ and they are fine.

We’ve had problems with sensor disconnections in the past few weeks, after a long period of no problems. We’ve used ANT+ all the time, so the disconnections caused us to go to Bluetooth, but the problems persist there. The sensors being dropped include a Scosche heart rate monitor, a PowerCal heart rate monitor, and a Wahoo cadence sensor – all three on both ANT+ and Bluetooth.

More than just promoting the product , selling it . As far as I can see right now the Sterzo Steering is next to useless given the dependency on BLE and with a decidely weak implementation at that where it regularly disconnects and eventually fails to reconnect . Likewise not able to use ANT going forward seems like a deal breaker . Unless something is annouced to address this problem and start supporting it properly I am going to return it to zwift as faulty.

1 Like

Since this update it has been increasingly noticeable that riders appear and disappear , including in some cases all riders within close proximity , but leaving riders some distance away visible .

Firstly I never EVER had any issues prior ro this ( although I concede and know others did ) … even with huge events with disappearing or frame rates . yes rendering and position update would be a little challenging for a few minutse racing from massive pens but never once races stabilised .

I have taken a lot of time before posting this to ensure I validate experience and discussing shared experiences with others to think that I am not only not alone in seeing these issues but its amongst friends , club members and followersa pretty much universally experienced issue to a greater or lesser degree.

Currently randomly during both events and just riding , I get riders appearing and disapearing that I am supposed to be riding with for no apparent reason including in some cases entire groups . I know this is not a local issue with my infrastructure because I can fix it by , fan viewing another rider when I can see evertything again instantly , and going back to me and everything is OK again (mostly) . So its clearly a server side or zwift client issue and implementation is bugged. More generally I am not entirely surprised as this entire solution seems totally inappropriatee one for a platform that trades on the “social” aspects of virtual cycling if you cant rely on it at this fundamental level . If we cant rely on deliver of your primary product selling point you are in deep trouble. There are plenty other options to address lack of scalability of infrastructure and nerfing clientware is the worse option IMO . I dont even have the option to switch this handling off so I can put up with lower frame rates if that is what is alleged , in exchange for a proper interactive experience . Please rethink this , properly scale your service (or limit it at server side by throttling logins per server or similar* ) and deliver the promise of the platform. * you are running on AWS so introducing on demand scaling should be much more trivial than trying to implicate all your users in this scaling .

At the very least if you are going to derender or hide riders dont do those in close proximity but those futher away where this has a lesser impact on experience

4 Likes

I can confirm rider shadowing was accidentally inactivated on the M1’s high graphics profile; probably related to the 1440p bug fix?

1 Like

Can you add heart rate monitor training (zone training) I use my polar V2 but would like something set up in n Zwift to train along side.