Game Update - January 21st, 2021

Can we roll back and at least get on with our cycling while you work this out, and possibly look at release schedule, as ever why release on a Friday if the right people aren’t around to fix, surely a massive user base uses the platform over the weekend.
Also is it time for a proper beta system to try out these new firmwares before release to the masses, Apple has a built in TestFlight for app releases, you’d only need a few hundred people to catch most bugs and ensure nothing is game breaking.

3 Likes

Can you enable the prior version for download on the app store? Seems like a better way to appease your paying customers so they can actually use the product they are paying for.

3 Likes

Has the change to how the closest 100 avatars are rendered on our devices affected how group ride chat messages are shown as well?

In all of the group rides I have done since Friday, people reported that they are not seeing all the messages that were sent to the group.

If it is indeed part of the new update, then I urge Zwift to roll it back.

Plenty of popular group rides routinely have more than 100 participants. And while I do not necessarily need to see all the avatars, I do want to see people’s messages to the group. The verbal communication aspect is what makes group rides enjoyable for many of us, and it is what builds the Zwift community. It seems foolish to limit chats to the closest 100 riders when friends in the same ride may sometimes move in and out of that 100-rider bubble.

3 Likes

“we spend almost all of Friday working…” This is an issue! Based on the number of complaints (even before the end of Friday) don’t you think Zwift should have spent almost all of Friday AND Saturday AND Sunday working on this issue? Paying customers really need to be moved up on Zwift’s priority list!

11 Likes

I’m kind of amazed given how many people have this issue that you don’t beta test updates extensively with real world users on various platforms before you push out an update like this. If Netflix pushed out an update that made the service not work for four days and counting, you can bet it would be headline news, the stock price would tank, and people would probably get fired. Maybe you guys should think about doing things differently? Certainly before you go public.

2 Likes

This issue, unfortunately, has been around for a while.

Here are two threads about it.

Hi, can you please provide an ETA for this fix? Thanks!

Just saw an update in AppStore for iPad.

Update for IOS Bluetooth issues on App Store 1.0.61590 !

1 Like

It was Tour de Zwift. However, I don’t see how an event setup problem can result in only 52 of 500+ riders ahead of me making it onto the leaderboard.

Edit: Ah. You’re saying that there were only 52 people ahead of me in Category B. The other 450+ didn’t make it onto the leaderboard because they were on different courses. I guess I’ll buy that explanation, since ZwiftPower shows that I came in 34 of 56 in Category B. Maybe there really were only 115 people riding Category B today (that’s how many were on the leaderboard the third time through the sprint).

1 Like

Maybe Zwift could actually let people know so they can download it, they must have known it was on its way. Apple always check over apps before the push to the store.

1 Like

3 Likes

I, and many others, have been reporting this since October. I have just cancelled my subscription because of it. I’m pleased you are finally acknowledging that you have a problem. If you can resolve it, I will resubscribe.

The new version 1.0.61590 is out for tvOS (Apple TV) too.

Total agree with Rue on the group chat issues…

Lead the 3R Steady Endurance Ride C Cat on Sunday morning with around 600 riders. I was not seeing all messages, as the beacon should, and not all were receiving my messages. It makes it even more difficult to lead with broken comms.

I’m on a PC Laptop, Win8 using the Companion App to chat.

2 Likes

Perhaps Zwift should stop rolling out updates on a Friday too?

6 Likes

FYI, “lots of testing” is required so this stuff doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone really cares about the day on which the updates are rolled out, only that they work when they are rolled out.

1 Like

Everyone:

All on this thread:

We’ve been working over the weekend to fix a bug that could cause some users to be unable to pair via Bluetooth.

Version 1.0.61590 for Mac and PC is live now. This patch is numbered 1.0.61590 for all OS’s.
Android will follow shortly, then iOS and AppleTV.
Once the update is released on Apple’s App store, you can go directly to this page and you should see the “Update” button to force a manual update.

UPDATE: v1.0.61590 is live for all OS’es.

8 Likes

Absolutely an issue!!! I noticed the same during 2 group rides in the weekend.