Game Update - February 23rd, 2021

Hello Wes, after the update we have huge connection problems with Zwift Apple TV and also with Zwift on Ipad in combination with ZC app on IOS.

All IOS have newest version of Zwift app and ZC App. We use a tacx neo smart 2 with latest firmware.

Apple TV and ZC app on IOS does not work at all. No pairing possible!

Also issues with zwift app on IPad and ZC on IOS.

Strangely Zwift on Apple TV and Android ZC works fine.

Before the latest update everything wirked fine…

Very annoying, please fix it!

Thanks Jason, yes I figured the 2 updates at the same time was a double whammy with glitches…may be that Apple TV needs to do something to

D

Same issue at our house. Zwift Companion updated, ATV has not yet updated. Now our Wahoo trainer connects but then quickly states “no signal” next to the Icon under Paired Devices.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am having this same issue but with the ZC to Mac Book. The bluetooth to the phone works with wahoo app, and it works when connecting to MacBook sans ZC. I think there is an issue with the recent ZC update.

2 Likes

If you’re only relying on automatic updates, check the App Store. The latest Zwift update for ATV should be there.

Edit: my ATV and Companion App are both updated and the “no signal” error is happening.

2 Likes

I can’t see a fix for the “due to technical limitations” we can’t award course medals, which after being awarded in game, due to unfixed technical limitations …

I’m gonna sound like a broken record. And I’m sure you’ve had this request millions of times. I don’t understand why you haven’t implemented it.
Why won’t you allow us to create our own custom run workouts using the Zwift workout editor?? (like when creating bike workouts) without having to to through all the trouble of creating workouts in TrainingPeaks and then exporting them to Zwift

1 Like

Same problems as other AppleTV users with Companion app. Companion app will find every other bluetooth signal, iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac mini, MacBook Air, but not Wahoo kickr. Resorting to only using 2 BLE signals until Zwift gets this sorted out.

3 Likes

I connect to Zwift with Widows 10 PC. Since update, game will not load. Often have experienced same problem after updates which normally resolve after a day or two. But not this time, Today I tried disabling my malware protection (PCmatic Super Shield) and voila, problem solved. I have been using the same computer and virus software all along. I am not terribly tech-savvy, but suspect that there is some feature embedded in the update that is not agreeing with PCmatic. Anyone else notice this?

I have both updates and have updated my iOS and it’s really not working at all …there is no data being downloaded…says connected but not reading power/speed or HR…and also with Runnpod…so back to my iPad…this update is a disaster

THIS IS ME!!! I understand the frustration

It is there…but it is not a good update…too many glitches and drop outs…I used up 40 minutes trying to connect in everyway…reboot and restart galore…ugh

So, I seem to be having some issues with this update. I did 4 rides today, and the resistance was not working on any of my rides. The first 4 mile ride was flat in France, so it was hard to notice, but I realized when I crossed the bridge after the first spring that I didn’t feel it get harder. So I switched to ride up Mt Ventoux. No incline changes happened. At about 3/4 of the way up, my trainer dropped the connection. So I reset, then it was super hard to get going. I was on a 8% incline, so I thought it was working again, but then it didn’t get easier when the incline dropped to 4%, and then 0 when I got to the top. So I reset again at the top, and then I was back at 0. So I thought to myself, it seems that whatever incline you start on, that’s what my training thinks is 0. To verify that theory, I started a few more rides that start on different inclines and that seems to hold true. My HR monitor was also dropping its connection during my rides which is unusual for me. I checked that my setup was fine, and rode a course on Rouvy (sorry) and everything was working fine there.

I’m running a Apple TV 4th gen with the companion app on a iPhone 6s. My trainer is a Saris M2 smart trainer and HR monitor is a wahoo tickr. I’d be happy to share the ride files if you like. Thank you for your help and hard work.

2 Likes

I’ve been using garmin hrm-dual ant+/Bluetooth. It work for like two months on iOS and then just crashed. I’ve seen several other users that encountered the same problem. Can it be a problem between garmin and hrm? If so… apple maybe more interested if all Zwift users would like to see a functional change instead of a single person asking for help?
Cheers!

Vänligen Elias Köpmans

Thanks for all of your reading and commenting.
I think this bug is also listed seperately. I don’t draft at race starts.
I go far left (I don’t have the virtual steering) until after race start.
Then it kicks in 20 seconds too late and the first group is often beyond reach unless I kill myself.

I was able to complete Repack Ridge with the Kickr Bike steering - almost too easy. As a secondary issue, it’s a bummer that completing this no longer unlocks anything, now that getting the Zwift Mountain Bike is the default.

Anyway there were a couple of sections where the follow camera (default view) went underground. The last steep downhill near the end was one of them. This didn’t happen the last time I rode the Ridge back in January.

Have the EXACT same issue, just started yesterday (first ride after downloading the update on the Apple TV). Same setup (Apple TV 4th gen and Saris M2) as well except iPhone 7. Other thing I noticed is with the Companion app running I had like every single device in our house suddenly connecting to my iPhone bluetooth, with no opportunity (“i” icon) to forget those devices … when I shut down Companion all those new devices disappeared… rode today and just shut down the Companion app and all was fine except no game controls. Hoping this one can be solved soon. Thx all…

1 Like

This update has apparently led to a bug on the companion app where if I try to use it to connect my Kickr to the game, it connects to seemingly every bluetooth device in the surrounding area except for the Kickr. This has made the game completely unusable because I can no longer connect my trainer.

I question the wisdom of dropping an update like this the week of a limited event such as Haute Route Watopia.

4 Likes