Game Update - February 23rd, 2021

Yep, issues with Apple TV 4k, ZC and Wattbike. ERG not working, connections very unstable, completed workouts in training programme showing as not completed.

Lots of bugs and gave up trying to use. Losing the workouts as a result and not happy with paying for shoddy update releases.

2 Likes

Sincerely hope March Update corrects group ride issues of:

1. Up to 5 miles to have yellow beacon become visible (example today 10:50 am central INC Relentless Steady State)
  2. Group chat inconsistent or non existent - feels like chatting into the wind or to myself
  3. Riders list not working sometimes (example same ride as number 1 above had around 300 riders, and only 3 showed up on my riders list)
    These are extremely helpful (to me anyway) and go a long way to the social and engagement aspects of why I ride and love Zwift. Helps keep me with the group and chat (and encourage using ride ons) with my friends while I ride.

Iā€™m not connecting via companion app but Iā€™m also having BT connecting issues on Windows 10 and Stages SB20 losing BT connection sporadically to Zwift. I know that bike BT connection works fine as Stages link app remains connected.

1 Like

@Shuji, here is a list of things to check:

• ~20 F10 image capture limit
  • Fix excessive image capture lag (As much as 20 seconds, sometimes)
  • Better logging in the logfile for upload failures (add missing fileā€™s name, error code)
  • Fix partial upload issue
  • Fix duplicate files on the CA (Android) - no ā€œcleanā€ images.
  • Fix inconsistent file names between CA and PC.
  • ā€œUploading n/5ā€ (etc.) now missingā€¦ :frowning:

Iā€™m using Zwift since 2 years.
Same issue than other people with BL connexion. Using Zwift on Windows 8.1 + ZC on Android 6. Since last update, almost impossible to connect my HRM (Wahoo Tickr) and my trainer (Tacx Neo).
Most of the time, it connects and then ā€œNo signalā€. Sometimes, connexion with the trainer works in the pairing screen (I can see the power or rpm while riding) but it ā€œdisconnectsā€ after leaving the pairing screen (no power either rpm displayed). Little less issue with the HRM.
Yesterday I spent 1h to connect everything. Today I gave up after 1h30.

Same issue here.

1. Unstable connection.
  2. Workout showing as not completed.
  3. No flags in companion.
    Imposible to use zwift right now.

Mines working fine through every update so far

Just tried again after ZC app update and all fine with ATV/iPad/wattbike setup. ERG working, workout completed, saved, updated to Garmin Connect and Strava BUT NOT SHOWING AS COMPLETE IN ZWIFT AND COMPLETELY MISSING FROM ZC APP. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Zwift you need to check the quality of you pre-release testing rather than have your users pay for a poor service.

Rode RGV this morning. Resistance all over the place-even on the flat sections. Also cadence indicator varying widely despite constant around 80. Never had this before. Iā€™m on Wattike atom and ipad.

Since the last Zwift update on 02/23, Iā€™ve seen resistance drops coming from Zwift. For example, this evening during a race, after 2 minutes, on the flat, no more resistance, the power drops to zero. I went for a ride on Yorkshire, same behavior but I was able to start again then the problem of loss of resistance returned. Here is my config: Windows 10 PC, ANT +, Elite Direto. I tested with the Elite application using level training and during the 20 minutes of the test (by varying the level to 2,4,6,8) I did not notice these drops in resistance. The problem therefore seems to be linked to the Elite Direto-Zwift couple. I continue to search, I may be opening an incident to Zwift support because I can no longer use the game. By the way, I have eliminated any source of disturbance to the ANT + signal: wifi, telephone, bluetooth headset, removal of the BT dongle .

Hi Ken, any news from Zwift ? Same problem for me, wondering if I open an inquiry too.
Marc.

After this update, my Wahoo Kickr Bike no longer steers. Any ideas why?

Have had issues with my power meter unpairing when coasting for a short while on BT (Windows/dongle) ever since this update came in. Sometimes drops out and gives --W after only 3-5s of coasting, sometimes a minute, but not the usual idle time. New battery in, everything else is 100% fine and unchanged from the setup Iā€™ve been running the last 18 months. Iā€™d love an update where nothing breaks please.

Does Zwift have closed beta groups that are dedicated members who test these releases in much smaller numbers before going out to the masses? These beta testing members understand that they are testing beta software that contains bugs and provide vital feedback to Zwift in an attempt to get it worked out before releasing.

If not is there a reason why? I am no software engineer but perhaps that would resolve many of these issues and provide a much more stable system when rolled out. Does that model of beta testing not work with a program like Zwift?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard anything to hint there is, though it is possible such exist under heavy NDA.

But it sure looks like there isnā€™t.

Yes, Zwift has a beta test group. This group understands that they are testing beta software that contains bugs. They understand that sometimes things will just not work due to the code not being properly debugged. This group is called All Paying Customers.

8 Likes

Nail. Hammer. Head. Spot on.

Anyone know what was included the update just released?

@Oliver_ZRace_Central
Game release notes for v 1.11.0 are on the way. Please hold.

Companion App release notes for yesterdayā€™s update would be useful if you can get your hands on those too please @shooj