Game Update 1.23 - March 9th, 2022

Since nobody answered: no, the game still crashes on ToW rides.

3 Likes

Yep just like clockwork, as soon as I reach 1.4km, the game crashes.

Zwift support are blaming .NET Framework 3.5 (20 year old framework btw) on my machine but even after re-setting that up, through ā€œTurn on or off Windows Featuresā€, the game is still crashing. I use .NET Framework for work, and I donā€™t understand why an application thatā€™s 8 years old is using a framework that predates it by 12 years and has been updated numerous times since.

Did 3 ToW rides yesterday with the update, no crash.

Mine hasnā€™t crashed either. But see the post above, amongst others.

The Zwift installer prompts the user to install this on a clean build of Windows, but this is before the game itself starts to download. IIRC if you decline it, it never asks again. Maybe your issue is that Zwift was installed before the Framework.

Was the game running fine without crashes previously?

Iā€™ve go an AMD GPU so, fine is very generous :sweat_smile:. Iā€™ve had crashes in the past all related to Zwift/AMD new drivers compatibility, but the game has been stable for a couple of months. The latest set of crashes happened as soon as I updated the launcher to 1.1.2. No drivers were updated. Iā€™ve downgraded the launcher back to 1.1.1 (thanks for the installer @Dave_ZPCMR) and I managed to get past the 1.4km mark. I stopped at 3km as I didnā€™t have time to complete the route twice today (completed the first time on the iPad).

Whilst non conclusive, in my case, it seems to indicate that the issues stem from the latest launcher.

Ugh. Iā€™ll just leave it there then. Good luck!

1 Like

After this update my connection is missing frequently. Please fix it.

You might get some better help if you provide a full rundown of your Zwift setup.

It works with Samsung tablet with android and connection by ant+ with Saris equipment and garmin hrm by ant+ too. It always worked well until this update.

Anybody else feel their trainer isnā€™t as responsive with this update? Not quite ERG but not changing resistance as much with hills (same trainer difficulty settings as pre-update).
Few people mentioned it on a couple of group rides but not seen any mention here

1 Like

I have felt ā€˜slowerā€™ā€¦ sorry I canā€™t be more technical than that but it has felt like harder work since the update.
Tacx Neo2

For the zero people that care, a Xeon E3-1220 v3 (4c/4t @ 3.50GHz turbo, no integrated graphics, 8MB L3 cache, server class) - a CPU I have built many Zwift PCs with - now performs poorly. Itā€™s like the i3 and is suddenly no longer capable of holding 60fps in a solo ride on Watopia, unlike than the other Xeon I tested which was fine. All on the same platform, same setup. Thereā€™s no discernable pattern to this and thus no way of knowing if a particular setup is going to be suitable for holding 60fps or not any more. Oh well.

5 Likes

I have exactly the same problem, but Zwift does think these are caused by other issues like two programs connecting to the trainer the same time.

Funny how something else connects to the trainer only after an update ! :grin:

It would help if you gave more details of your setup, e.gā€¦which trainer, which platform for Zwift. If there were resistance problems affecting all trainers and all platforms, this forum would be absolutely full of posts on the subject.

Not sure if this issue comes from the latest update or new UI or if I missed it somewhere. When I take a screenshot often only one picture appears on my activity and not the screenshot I thought I had take. When I check my Google photos the screenshots are there along with numerous widescreen shots from various Zwift Clubs and groups. After ever day of riding I go into my photos and delete them, 220 so far.

See attached.

1 Like

would help to know what device you are running on

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant to add that. Zwift running in a PC with Windows 11 and Companion on an Android.

Weā€™ve released update 1.23.3 for all platforms. It contains the following fix.

• Fixed an issue causing personal bests and critical power curve stats to be lost after saving your ride on iOS, Apple TV and Android clients.
4 Likes