Game Update 1.23 - March 9th, 2022

I direct connect everything. I have never needed nor tried the companion app. Like I said, it was a first :man_shrugging:

Then it suggests that it’s related to the latest 1.23.0 (and 1.23.1?) updates.

No idea. One app crash in my history of Zwift doesn’t really say much, especially since AppleTV logs are not conveniently available. Also, Apple TV updated recently as well.

Do I think it’s related to the latest update? Maybe, leaning toward probably! Now if it continues to happen, probably will change to a yes.

Zwift can still access the server logs for your session, as you probably know. So it’s still worth a support ticket with Zwift.

For what it’s worth, my crash happened after the Zwift update to 1.23.0 but before the ATV update to 15.4 (19L440).

Your experience sounds exactly the same as mine! @Eric_Schlange_ZwftIn - I wonder, were you using the Companion App also? I found after my 2 crashes, not running the companion seemed to keep the game alive.

Yes, I had Companion app open and my equipment was paired through it. (My new Zwift PC is Windows 11, and it won’t connect to my KICKR via Bluetooth… which is a separate issue).

Rode yesterday and today with the same setup, and nothing crashed.

1 Like

Hi @Eric_Schlange_ZwftIn

If this was a random crash check your View Windows 10 Crash Logs with Event Viewer

When I got a random crash I found the culprit was the nvidia driver, a clean install of nvidia drivers helped. Some gamers mentioned that NVIDIA is not always good with their updates and need frequent clean installation.

I actually did that, but didn’t find any log that pointed to anything useful.

1 Like

I just did a 2 hour ride and no crashes! :raised_hands: however I was too scared to use the companion app! Perhaps a server-side fix has been done?!

Update 1.23.2 - March 17th
We’ve released update 1.23.2 for all platforms. It contains the following fix.

• Fixed an issue that would cause some users to crash when participating in an event where PowerUps were disabled.
6 Likes

I had similar success last night…but I avoided pairing through the Companion app. I’ll get to the bottom of this if it kills me :rofl:

1 Like

Im not convinced your 5km pace is entered correctly. It might be that you have it at 28secs rather than 28mins. This is mine.

Removed Image showing Personal Data

Hopefully fixed the white wheel tron bug (again) too

Does this only fix the no-powerups crashing issue, or does it also address wider crashing issues? Bevause there have been an awful lot of ToW crashes reported, where powerups are enabled

It took around 10 tries before the update installed. The first 9 tries the app crashed over and over :rage: :rage: :rage:

HI Hmm while I appreciate the work and cool look of the updated platform- it is not straight forward to cue up a ride as the old format- too many steps- and not “in sequential order” - as you have to choose course- then back then type of workout- then back to start riding- quite annoying and not intuitive - very annoying for those of us who do not use companion- and use an Apple box and remote to cue up a ride- (which is not that easy)- It would be better everything were in sequential order- maybe different starting points for those just riding and those doing a workout. Thank you for listening! RIDE ON!!

Appel tv4k user:
Black Line into garage
See below

Ride on

thats been an issue on android also for a few releases

It’s been in the bug-correction pipeline since February for iOS and ATV: Logo missing for Enve wheel in Drop Shop [February 2022]

1 Like