Flickering after Dec 17 Update

After the Dec 17 update, the rider avatars are now flickering during my ride. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I have not noted this at all on Apple TV app.

I am now having this issue as well. Got a new laptop i7-10870, rtx2060, running on ultra settings. The rider is flickering, but the bike and surrounding world are not. It’s not just me either, it does the same when watching others riding around Watopia. Very distracting and messes with my eyes/head.

1 Like

I’m having this issue too on my windows machine - started after the latest update

I am having this problem too, but only in certain places. Watopia and London City have both been fine but it happens on most of the routes on the Surrey Hills, including the tube stations/tunnels.
As well as the riders flickering, the shadows cast by the riders flicker (the bikes and the bike shadows are still visible).
It happened when it was only me visible on the screen, and when there were loads of other riders around.

I’ve got a GTX1650 Ti with the latest drivers.

The worlds change tomorrow so I’ll see if it also happens in Innsbruck
Update: Same thing is happening on Innsbruck. I did the Achterbahn route and there was flickering on all sections of it, but going up the mountain (both directions) I was also getting a flash of a black square every now and then.

I will try changing some settings on my graphics card. I changed them mid ride, but I don’t it takes effect until you restart the game. The FPS limit definitely didn’t take effect.

I’m running the game at 1080p ultra on Windows 10, GPU was running at 90% @ 72 FPS. Reducing the resolution during the game to 720p doesn’t solve the issue.

I’m also having this issue. Got a brand new Alienware M15 laptop and thought it was that, but don’t think its computer specific seeing other folks with this issue.

Glad to know I am not the only one having this issue. I bought a brand new gaming laptop with a high end graphics card to run Zwift and this is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! Is anyone from Zwift listening??

I have tried reinstalling app several times but it does not seem to help.

I’ve been having the exact same issue. My rider (avatar) and all others flicker, but I can see their bikes, the road, etc. when they disappear. The “fix” I’ve identified is to cap frame rate at 60fps. Doesn’t matter the resolution. I’ve had the problem with a new 10700k desktop with an RTX 3070 and 120Hz TV at 4k, and a GTX 970 at 1080p @ 120Hz. Capping frame rates on either at 60FPS stops the flashing riders. Unfortunately, the whole reason I bought the (overkill!) RTX 3070 is to play Zwift at 4k 120Hz! And it does it just fine, with the exception of my rider and all other riders blinking furiously. Please fix this, Zwift.

Try installing the previous launcher, version 1.0.50. Fiver says the problem goes away.