Fix the Apple TV App PLEASE

I just bought an AppleTV specifically for Zwift, having watched videos about how easy it is to setup the extra needed bluetooth device with the Companion app.

Instead it’s just been an exercise in ruined-workout frustration because of the auto-pairing that happens. Please fix this, it’s obnoxious.

I just bought a key fob Faraday box on eBay, maybe that will stop the Runn from hijacking the AppleTV.
I put it in an old metal ammo can, but that didn’t work - the AppleTV still saw it and connected to it.

1 Like

I wrap aluminum foil around the Runn to keep it from autoconnecting to the Apple TV. Once it’s connected it won’t unpair!

1 Like

I’ve had some success unpairing the cadence part of the Runn first, then the speed. Not always, though.

Same issue. Always wants to connect to stryd. Keeps automatically reconnecting.

FWIW - this is still an issue.

1 Like

Also having this issue pairing Assioma pedals and a Direto - I have tried various orders in terms of what to activate first and so on but most of the time get this endless loop

V painful!

Yuck, just spent 30 minutes in a endless loop scenario. I tried connecting through the companion app, but that wasn’t an option either. Finally got a fix and for me it was:

1. Turn on zwift app
  2. Go to pairing screen
  3. Then plug in Kickr
  4. Have Stryd on Mars so it doesn’t connect first
    Pairing with BT is ludicrous compared to ant+.

Zwift on AppleTV 4K losing control of TacX Neo, any fiddling with the pair menu Controllable on/off wouldn’t help. Only reliable workaround so far has been to unplug the AppleTV. Power and cadence on the SAME Bluetooth connection keep working all the time, but Neo is stuck in the dumb trainer mode - as if nothing would be connected.

Closing and restarting the Zwift App resolved the issue of Zwift losing control of the trainer.

Closing the swift app and restarting seems to be the current atv problem. Last who rides erg would not work. End ride then close app. Then works fine upon restarting. Kind of a pain.

1 Like

I am using Apple TV 4K w/a first generation Neo. I user ERG mode all the time and have no issues.

Perhaps manually double check that your Apple TV OS is updated. Also manually check that you are running the latest Zwift app.