Elite sterzo smart

Hello everyone, just wondering if anybody invested in the sterzo smart and what are your thoughts on it

Here is a link to a thread about it: Steering using Elite Sterzo Smart - #5 by David_Chung

Check out the review from Shane.

It’s great, but I guess they all sold out at the moment :thinking:

BooX

Thanks for the heads up and great video

Hi guys. Bought the Sterzo Smart a week ago and have ridden it a few times around Zwift.

Free world riding - I love it. It’s great to be able to take racing lines, drop out of and into drafts and generally have a more immersive experience.

Racing - major positives and negatives.
Positives: being able to take the racing line, removing draft for competitors and being able to ride shorter distances to catch back up to the group when dropped.
Negatives: almost impossible to take advantage of the draft from the main group. The bumper car effect/sideways collision (when trying to get into the pack) is unrealistic and serves as a huge disadvantage for the majority of a race. The size of the gap needed to get back into the group is too big! Finally, even after finally managing to get back into the draft, you then get bumped out of the group due to sideways bumper car effect. This is genuinely making me consider the devices worth in a race situation (the place where I thought it would excel).

You’ll find a much more active discussion on the Sterzo steering in the thread that Paul posted above - Steering using Elite Sterzo Smart - #5 by David_Chung

Thanks for directing me to that thread. Seems most people are saying the same thing! Work in progress :grinning::+1:

Hello everyone I ordered Elite Sterzo Smart and now I’m waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I have questions - I have a zwift application on both a PC (system unit) and a tablet. And here’s the catch - my PC receives signals from two sensors on the bike via an ant+ usb whistle, but there is no Bluetooth. What do I need to buy to get Bluetooth on a PC? And on the tablet there is both Bluetooth and ant+ . Also, or you can do this - on a PC and tablet, launch the zwift application and fix two sensors and a heart rate monitor on a PC, and on an Elite Sterzo Smart tablet (android) And watch the picture on a TV from a PC. And so that it can be seen on the screen that all sensors are connected and Elite Sterzo Smart is also fixed and everything is fixed. Just on a PC , I record videos of my trips and then review them … I am waiting for your answers and I will be very grateful.! Sincerely, Valery.

Good morning @23_valera23

you can get a bluetooth dongle for your pc.

How’s that? I don’t understand anything about it!

Look for a USB Bluetooth adapter wherever you buy computer supplies. Here’s an example:

1 Like

Thanks! We will order

Sorry to ask another question! Are there many off-road and non-highway tracks in zwift? If there is, how can I find it there?

As I understood, a Zwift companion is required - I can’t put it on, so I don’t have a smartphone, I have a simple push-button mobile phone. I don’t need a smartphone, I’m mostly at home and the Internet is also at home. I rarely communicate by mobile, mostly with relatives on the Internet at home in the evening. I tried to put the Zwift companion on the tablet, it does not start, the speed is small - the Internet goes through the Wi-Fi router on my tablet.
Open and read topics on the Internet without any problems, but when downloading the Zwift companion, the speed drops and at the end writes connect to the Internet, although everything is connected. Toys like tennis with the Internet goes without problems. And just Zwift goes without problems, I then started using Zwift from a tablet, then I connected from a PC and to record a video, as I recorded a video yesterday, as we drove with one friend.

I don’t have a Sterzo but I don’t think it requires Companion. It just needs a Bluetooth connection. Maybe someone else can clarify this.

1 Like

I think so too. I watched a video on YouTube , it seems to be launched from android and how I have a simple zwift on my tablet .

The sterzo connect directly to the main app same as the other sensors.

Доброго утра всем! Я все таки решил отказаться от elite stereo smart Пообщался с одним ивот что он ответил - Она заработает но steering в Zwift на 99.99% трасс ограничен возможностью перемещения влево-вправо в пределах своей полосы. То есть можно сместиться к обочине или к разделительной центральной полосе. Маршрут трассы запрограммирован в программе, и даже для того чтобы изменить направление от заданного трассой на перекрестке все равно придется пользоваться companion app или меню на экране компьютера или кнопками на клавиатуре. Поворотом руля уйти на другую трассу не удастся. Руление было большой темой для разработчиков Zwift года два назад, но судя по всему руление не прижилось, так же как и трассы специально для горных велосипедов. Новые трассы которые можно проехать только с рулением не появились и вообще эта тема как-то заглохла по моему впечатлению, за исключением может быть очень узкого круга гонщиков. Так что, из-за одной трассы тратить деньги не резонно

У меня нет Sterzo, но в последнее время произошли некоторые изменения в Zwift, о которых они, возможно, даже не объявили.

По-видимому, Sterzo теперь позволяет выбирать направление на перекрестках - см. нижнюю часть этой темы:

Как я уже сказал в этой теме, Sterzo действительно можно использовать для выбора направления на перекрестках.

Более подробная информация в видео GP Lama с 3:45

Как вы решили, возможно, лучше подождать, чтобы увидеть, как пойдет будущая разработка и использование Zwift, прежде чем рассматривать возможность покупки. Очень немногие недавние отзывы, которые я видел, неоднозначны. Я уверен, что скоро на этом форуме будет больше, как только люди поймут поворот на перекрестках, которые сейчас, предположительно, работают.