Elite Direto Not Changing Resistance

Yes I have tried, many times but It not help.I downloud Zwift program again but it not help.

Nothing helps. I have this issue now for two months but Zwift tells me that unfortunately they don’t have a progress update. And they are so sorry. Well, so am I. Instead I do get spooky Halloween stuff. Who cares? I just want Zwift to work as it should and what I pay for.

1 Like

I am having the same problem as well. I’ve pretty much tried all of the troubleshooting techniques and no dice.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. My setup is:

• Apple TV
  • Elite Direto and Wahoo Tickr connected with Bluetooth
  • Not using Zwift Companion

It seemed to work on my first quick test ride but not on the second ride. I ran the Elite training app between sessions so maybe it is still holding a connection somehow? I haven’t tried rebooting yet.

Same issue here. The ATV sees the unit fine. The Direto will recover if you unplug / plug back in. Seems like an Elite issue. I think the unit is sensitive to being connected to only one device,so put your phone down.

I’m also having problems with the base/minimum resistance on a flat. Despite the unit being calibrated and tire size set, I’m running out of gear on my 42t 1x setup. It’d be nice to able to add more minimum resistance.

@Jonathan_Francis and @JohnV2 We may have made a breakthrough with BLE resistance issues that should affect the Direto as well once a hotfix is implemented:

1 Like

I have just taken delivery of a new Elite Direto and trying to interact with Zwift through Ant+ on my laptop but I get no resistance on climbs whatsoever. I have logged on and off, restarted and so and gave up at the 4th attempt. So to test the feature of my trainer I installed the My Etraining app by Elite, created a short point to point course, and yes it works on that. Even the smallest changes in gradient are noticeable and you can actually hear the trainer changing resistance. Unless I can resolve this I may be cancelling my Zwift membership and moving onto another platform. I’d rather not but that is why I paid good money for this trainer!

Check that when you pair the controllable trainer in Zwift that is it pairing as the “Elite FE-C” option, rather than the other option (“Elite RealTainer”). I found that if you start Zwift first and then only wake your trainer up by pedalling once on the pairing screen, by default it pairs as the wrong option which isn’t controllable. I found that pedalling and waking the trainer up before I start Zwift ensures it pairs as the controllable FE-C option (but still worth checking).

2 Likes

FEC is selected but my ride isn’t saved on Zwift, just 0.0 metrics, but the ride ons are. If I use it as a non controllable trainer it records my metrics. Everything is showing on screen when I am actually riding however I also have issue with the power meter as it is way under what it should be, I reckon by more than 25% and the slope gradients are just ridiculous. The first climb on Hilly Route on Watopia feels at least 15 percent or more, small chain ring and low gear. But on the flat it’s way too easy, I could comfortably ride round on the 53 x 12. I have these issues no matter if I coonect via Ant+ on my laptop or Bluetooth on my iPhone app. To muddy the waters even farther as far as Zwift is concerned, yesterday, to try and pinpoint the issue I visited friends who are using the same trainer. I did a test ride on their machine loggged into their iPad and yet Zwift still didn’t record the metrics on my ride!

1 Like

Hi ,

I have same issue for this two days event started with no resistance after 1 hours cycling then then the signal dropped and I need to switch to Bluetooth connection in the midst of event. Even with Bluetooth connection I still never get any resistance .

Please fix or share with us any steps to try out.

Hey Yy can you send us a support conversation with your log files for your most recent ride?

Support conversation: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
How do I find my log files: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/how-do-i-find-my-log-files-(cycling)-SyTW0JZSX

In the meantime we have a troubleshooting article for ANT + and Bluetooth connection drops that could definitely help!

same issue today. It only happened on the Innsbruck course for me. Last time i rode it in September, no resistance. Today on that course again no resistance.
So the ride is still showing values that sound plausible (new FTP?).
I can send you the logs (found them) if you tell me how.

Same issue.
New Elite Direto, connected with Zwift companion App (android), Bluetooth, using Win10 Pc.
No resistance changes at all.

2 Likes

I still haven’t sorted any of my issues. I intend to try again tomorrow with another possible fix. If that doesn’t work I intend to delete Zwift completely from my laptop including all of the folders and do a fresh install totally from scratch. That is unless I get a response to my email that I sent Saturday to Zwift Support beforehand

@Brian_Muir @Emanuele_Villa @Augustin_Bossart this issue can possibly be fixed with the planned resistance fix outlined here: FIXED: Trainer Resistance Issues (Mainly on iOS Devices)

The fix is not out yet but should be soon!

Vincent, I can get resistance connecting as FEC trainer through Ant+ but when I save my ride my training log shows distance as 0.0 miles no matter what distance I do. Even on someone else’s iPad, using their bike and trainer!

On that latest ride you were using an Elite Turbo with all of the same setup?
And for all of those rides that did not show stats, was your wattage changing and was your avatar moving?

During the actual ride everything appeared as normal, speed, time, distance and power. I even got ride ons and they are still logged. The power number from the screen shots are erroneous and don’t match my ride. The activity with statistics was done on Elite Turbo Muin and the others were done on Elite Direto with resistance on. If I ride without resistance control my stats are logged.