Direto not providing resistance

(Nicholas) #1

I have direto over a year withou trouble. On 16th did Zwift race was fine. Now for last 4 days resistance is off. Up hills has resistance but feels too easy for gear I’m in. In flats very light despite being in 50/11. Downhill basically nonexistent. When I join a race resistance drops drops in starting pen and faster I pedal more it drops so I’ll be spinning 50/11 at 110 rpm for like 60 watts. I use Apple TV

I’ve tried reinstalling Zwift
Two Apple TVs
Unplugging direto.
Turning off all Bluetooth devices in house
Putting Apple TV within 2 feet of direto.
Recalibrating direto
Taking apart direto to examine belt
Adjusting trainer difficulty setting
Adjusting wheel circumference in MyETraining app

MyETraining app can control direto resistance fine over Bluetooth and my wahoo can control over ant+

Anyone have any suggestions or similar problem? I don’t know if it’s trainer or Zwift that’s problem

(Artur) #2

When you turn on Direto, do you hear the work of the stepper motor bzzzzzz, bzzzz? Complete the MyTraining task. Is there any resistance?

(Sara) #3

Hi, this is interesting to see as I have a very similar experience since a few days… not with a Direto but also Elite (Real Turbo Muin), admittedly not a new model but worked fine so far…
I did TdZ stage 6 on Sunday and it still fealt ok, then on Tuesday (jan 22j for stage 7 I suddenly had the impression that climbing was too easy for the gear, but on the other hand flats and downhill fealt quite hard, as if the trainer difficulty was down, but I checked and it.s not changed…

Yesterday it was still the same experience, riding up the epic kom fealt like on a basic trainer, i mean resistance hardly changing according to landscape, but about the same throughout…
I did change the zwift bike to a Trek Madone before the Tuesday ride, can it be related to that?
Appreciate any ideas what could be wrong or changed, thanks!

(Nicholas) #4

The erg workout mode seems to work in Zwift. Also, step mode from MyETraining via Bluetooth and on my wahoo elemnt via ant+ are working.

(Nicholas) #5

I’ve contacted Zwift twice without response thus far. Elite customer service replying with a suggestion I have already stated in ticket didn’t work they seem worthless.

(Sara) #6

I was able to fix it, it’s the „wrong“ Elite trainer pairing… see this post here:

After selecting the „proper“ trainer, it feels much better again, hope it works for you too!

(Nicholas) #7

Unfortunately under iOS for Apple TV there is only on pairing option and it’s Bluetooth not ant+ so this solution doesn’t seem to work

(Vincent) #8

Hey Nicholas, I replied to your support conversation :slight_smile:

(Daniel) #9

Hey! Just checking if you got this fixed? Mine is doing something very similar suddenly, sometime in the last week.

(Nicholas) #10

I did. I used my wahoo elemnt head unit to control trainer over ant +. I had all other devices off. Then I simply switched out of control mode to read ant + broadcast only mode, then turned off head unit, restarted everything and trainer with Apple TV via Bluetooth worked again. This seems to have reset the trainer to allow it to work with Bluetooth.