Effort on downhills Saris H3

@Seth_Mason7326 @Roger_Long @Kevin_Tomlinson @Josh_Connor @Andrew_Scott2 @Alessandro_Praduroux @Mathieu_MARCEAU and others reading along:

Our QA team has been informed, and they are working on it. My Zwift HQ colleagues are all working from home, so we need more time than usual to perform bug testing. We appreciate your patience, and will get back to you as soon as we can.

Do you have more info ? Update is done but i have not controlable. 15 days without controlable !!

This is getting stupid now. 2 app updates since this problem started and still not fixed. Gonna have to cancel subscription til it gets fixed and just use Rouvy that controls the trainer perfectly.

Just rode today, and resistance still not changing. This has been ongoing since at least 4/1. I don’t understand why this isn’t fixed yet. I would think a bug like this would get high priority. I work from home too, and my work team hasn’t been less productive because of it, at least not after the first couple weeks of getting used to it.

??? 24 days ???

We’re working on it still.

3 Likes

My wife and I both have the H3 and she has been having this issue. The problem makes racing and group rides really challenging. Last night she was in granny gear putting out 250 watts on a decline. Then her avatar just stopped while she was still pedaling. My other question is does this problem effect erg mode? Her workouts have been extremely hard at watts that she can normally ride.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Effort on downhills Saris H3:

I just bought an H3 and am running into the same issue while using my samsung S9+. It feels like erg mode is active while free riding. Just upgraded from the H2 which
had no issues. Hoping this is resolved very soon! Thank you Zwift support!

Hi @Joe_Petrilli

Can you provide more information on your setup? What device and how you connect to the trainer?

I use the zwift app on my cell phone (S9+). All connections to the trainer (H3) are blue tooth.
Connect over data plan when at home and use the wifi when at work (Fire station 24hr shifts). I cast using wifi to a tv screen.
I used my laptop setup and it works just fine… only problem is the laptop is old and lags and freezes at times. I lost 30 seconds twice today in a short race on zwift.

Hi @Shane_Schantzenbach

There is currently a issue where Zwift does not control the H3 over Bluetooth from a Android telephone.

Hi Gerrie, the trainer is a Saris H3, updated and calibrated as of last week, connected to Apple TV via Bluetooth. The only other Bluetooth connection is a tickr hrm. When doing free rides or meetups occasionally the resistance will not match the profile. For instance on a -5% descent the resistance will be almost too great to pedal. Then not register any climbing the next hill and the avatar will stop.

It can be that the ATV has the same Bluetooth issue as android.

We are still having this problem. Zwift is slowly pushing us away. This morning it wouldn’t even let me open a support ticket. The circle just spun forever. ERG mode is not working and resistance is not matching terrain while free riding. This happened at Zwift last update. It seems unacceptable
to not fix it three weeks later.

1 Like

Please have patience, the entire team is working from home.

1 Like

Just confirming that I’m having the same issue. I really miss feeling the grade because it makes if feel more real.

On another note…does anyone feel a vibration in the unit while pedaling? It keeps keeps turning off and on as i ride.

2 Likes

Just adding my name to the list of users this is affecting. Hoping the more users that you are aware if the more people zwift out onto resolving the issue.

I’m using a H3 with Android 10 on Mate 20 pro. I’m able to connect to the H3 s power cadence and controllable trainer via Bluetooth but getting the blue light and no change in resistance switch change in grades.

Thanks to the zwift team for continued efforts working to resolve this issue. Do you have a timeframe? I’ve just started my 30 day free month and looks like I’ll be wasting it if I can’t use the controlled resistance!

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, but I have found that if I unplug the trainer in game and plug it back in, it will clear up the problem till the next ride. I do this every ride. As a test, I paired my vector3 pedals to companion app for power and cadence and let hammer just do controllable and it works fine all the time. My setup is H3 with AppleTV 4K.

Also, the spindown test has been broken for the same time. It makes me push close to 250w to get to 23mph, the says “keep pedaling” indefinitely. I’ve kept pedaling for up to 7 minutes at that effort and it never completes the test.

I have having the same issue. Mine started at the beginning of April as with many people here. I was able to clear it up in the middle of April by switching wifi, my router has a dual band wifi. They were always on the same wifi but I switched from one to the other and it worked for about three weeks. After the most recent update, I am back to the same problem, Zwift not controlling my H3. I have a new lap top with windows 10 and and a galaxy S10 for the companion app. I am trying different things, asking my kids to stop using wifi and turn off all bluetooth etc. but nothing works so far.

I will keep trying but would be nice to be able to log in and have it work every time as it should.

Add me to the list. I am hitting some crazy speeds in Meet ups. And some terribly slow speeds on the flats… I am using my ipad via bluetooth.