Dropping places while cornering, poor technique?

Hello,

I’ve noticed that, especially on the hairpin corners in London and Richmond, when I’m in a small group, my avatar will often (most of the time) swing wide and drop back several places on the way out of the corner.

This happens even when I accelerate, upping my power by 50-100 watts, through the corner. So I don’t think it’s due to other rides sprinting away from me (…and they generally stay together).

Am I missing something here, is there a technique to cornering I’m not aware of?

Thank you,

Jonathan

1 Like

it’s only an avatar think someone told me, the other riders in that same group have this as well, nothing to worry about :wink:

I have also noticed this,on most sharp hairpins the avatar usually take a wide turn like an idiot :joy: loosing ground to the group,have to power up a bit before the turn to stay in contact.I dont know why this is the case!

1 Like

I’ve also read that avatars behave slightly differently between what you see and what other riders see. When they stand up etc. But, I don’t think this explains me dropping back places in the group?

Thinking about it, it would make sense that if you keep on the power, or even accelerate, into the corner you would go wide if already going quickly! Like IRL. Could it be that easing into the corner might give a better line and carry speed better? I’ve been concentrating on trying not to be dropped, so that could well be it. Worth giving it a go!

if the others have this as well why is the avatar of your own doing it then?