Crashing on iPadOS [August 2023]

I recently updated my iPad to 16.6 and almost immediately started having trouble with Zwift crashing. Nearly every ride it crashes after 30-45minutes. It’s so bad I’m about to quit using it and pause my subscription. Anyone else have a similar issue or know if there is a fix in the works?

The same thing has been happening to me since the last update. iPad running 16.6 and the latest version of Zwift. It’s incredibly frustrating, as you say, when you’ve started a workout. Zwift recognises something has gone wrong and offers to continue the workout but this takes you back to the start. It also fails to save the workout correctly when I’ve opted to continue :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I am on 16.6, also, and have had a couple of crashes recently, when the iPad had been rock-solid previously. It’s not every ride, but it’s frustrating.

1 Like

Hey everyone - thanks for flagging this up. We’re investigating.

If any other iPad users who updated their OS to v16.6 are also experiencing intermittent crashes - please weigh in on this thread. If you suspect a repeatable thru-line in your own incidents (like the workout clue upstream), please let us know here.

3 Likes

Same Problem! It is frustrated!

2 Likes

Just saw there is a new version getting pushed out today. I assume there is nothing in this release that we think will fix the issue described here. I’d rather not even try, only to have another ride worth of data screwed up, until there is a known fix getting implemented…

2 Likes

Same here. Running 16.6.New user here as well, so not impressed. Going to try on an android tablet.

2 Likes

Happens to me, too since the last update 2 (?) weeks ago. Two crashes today within a 25min ride, first one 4:09min in. Only the part before the first crash got synced to Garmin Connect.

I’m still on iOS 16.5.1 though. Will update to v16.6 and see if that helps.

2 Likes

Hi Shuji. Is this an issue that Zwift are looking to resolve? If not i think i will have to reconsider my subscription.

1 Like

Same here. Several crashes this week

4 Likes

Yes, of course.

1 Like

I have this problem on Windows 11.

2 Likes

On Zwift for 6 years without a single crash. Today I had two crashes while doing a workout. I am using iOS 16.6. However, I have upgraded to 16.6 a couple of weeks ago and did workouts without any crash.

2 Likes

Same here, It’s crashed 3 times during my last 2 workouts. Giving up on it until this is fixed as it destroys your training sessions

2 Likes

The latest version of Zwift running on an iPad crashed for me this morning. It happened shortly after I completed a Zwift workout, and had carried on cycling. I have never seen it crash before in the last six months.

3 Likes

I’m using 16.3.1 and i’m having crashes during a workout. Ruins the workout for you, and you have to start all over with it.

1 Like

I also had this problem. Crashed 20 minutes into ride, restarted and resumed ride and it only saved the first 20 minutes. Lost 3 and half hours of riding - not in the files either. Very frustrating.

Any smart way to get my ride back?

3 Likes

mines freezing an hour into ride running windows

1 Like

Mittlerweile schließt die App bei jeder Fahrt und speichert nicht. Langsam nervt es und macht keinen Spaß mehr. Wenn das nicht bald behoben wird mus ich leider mein Abo überdenken.