Chat and Ride Ons not showing

Ok, Update didn’t fix the issues.
They occurred again today at 6.00pm CET (on Zwift Riders Germany - Gruppenfahrt). Maybe it’s related to Zwift server load?

Tagging @Wes as he might be able to direct this to someone at Zwift, as forum discussion and tickets are going unanswered… Thank you!

An update from my side - I tried on the pc again this evening, and chats were shown just fine.

After my ride, I logged in via my tablet, and no chats shown.

Let me check with the team to see if this is something we’re already tracking.

5 Likes

I wonder if it does not have something to do with slow internet, that messages take so long to come to the client that the client already deleted them thinking they were on the screen long enough.

Not very technical.

I have seen messages being slow/delayed.

I am also experiencing this since the last update

Version: 110-1.0.48307 (Android)

Issues are:

1. No text messages (in game on TabS3 or on companion app on phone)
  2. No ride ons received in game (but seen afterwards as registered as received on zwift.com)
  3. Can only see self or 3-4 others on leaderboards (sprint/KOM/etc) - meaning I win all the jerseys :slight_smile:
  4. Unable to join group events after start (just see a message saying ‘finding riders…’)

Exactly same issues as Darren for me but with a Tab S2. Problems only noted after last update.

I have this issue as well on top of the others

If it was due to slow internet, I think at least some of the messages would have passed from time to time,
but in this case non did, the consistency here is beyond randomness, plus add to this the perfect timing with the new update, and it is starting to point to some kind of a regression.

1 Like

Same thing for me this week. No trouble joining group rides, but I see no chat, no instructions from the ride leader, I win all of the sprints and kom’s, and can’t send/receive ride on’s.

1 Like

Quick update. Using Windows but same problem on android. Previous ride after 2 hours everything started working. Today the problem returned, no messages, ride ons. Kom’s and sprint leaderboard were fine but as I continued riding, suddenly I was wearing the leith Hill kom jersey and also the mall sprint jersey… So the problem continues…

Same here did you find a fix?

Hey Wes
Any updates on this?

Hi.

Nope. Have reporter it to Zwift… Maybe they will see it in a couple of weeks/months…

-Erik-

Hi,

I have the same problems since the last update (1.0.48306, and also 1.0.48307 delivered this week).
I’m using Windows 8.1.

I tried to analyse the Zwift logs:

• When uploading the log file into Zwiftalizer, it shows permanent network errors and network connections

• I looked then at the Zwift logs:
    Since the issue appears, I can see permantly the following text sequence in the log :
    [12:54:09] NETCLIENT:[INFO] TCP host 34.221.78.109:3023
    [12:54:09] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Connecting to TCP server…
    [12:54:09] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Saying hello to TCP server (largest wa is 0)

[12:54:11] NETCLIENT:[ERROR] Error receiving TCP payload [2] End of file

It appears about every 6 to 8 seconds.

Conclusion: it is a network issue. But what exactly ???
I did not change anything in my network connection.

1 Like

Little analysis

In the beginning of the ride no chat and ride ons appeared.
They don’t show in the log file, either.
Then the log file states:

[10:41:28] NETCLIENT:[WARN] UDP connection timeout (1 so far), reconnection attempt 1

[10:41:28] NETCLIENT:[INFO] Connecting to UDP server…

These messages go on for the rest of my ride (total of 98).
But after this first occurrence chat messages and Ride Ons start to appear in the log file and on the screen. Unfortunately, from that moment on, the rider list was empty / I could see no rider on the track.

It’s not related to slow internet.

Interesting. So it appears that it is possible for the game to connect and be able to play, but the chat is not necessarily able to connect at the same time.
And, it is a problem that can affect other platforms too, although it seems more consistent on Android.

I rode last night, using PC, and despite around 26000 other riders on at the same time (and slow connection speed, due to some undersea cable breaks) chats worked fine. Checked Android quickly this morning, and no chats, despite far fewer riders.
Both devices are connected via Wifi, to the same router.
So perhaps Android UDP connections perform worse than other platforms?

Hi, same problem here. :frowning:
No chat, no leader messages, only me on leaderboards, no ride ons. Running via Android (Samsung Tab S5e).
Problems since last update. In the morning it seemed that it worked for a while (chats had been visible) but yet not anymore. Annoying…

1 Like

Same set of problems last week, Windows 10

1 Like