This happened to me yesterday right at the end of 2nd lap on the “7 days of tarmac sl7” stage 2. Stuck me at 397W and 101rpm just as I was cresting Libby Hill and letting off my pedaling effort. I want to be clear: It is only the onscreen values that are being stuck - The trainer is not stuck in some kind of erg mode forcing me to apply the same wattage. I was able to sprint, coast, spin easy, etc with no change to onscreen numbers.
The stuck power began at 41min into the EVENT (which began at 0430 EDT), so roughly 5:11am is ‘when’ the thing happened. More on this below.
It has happened to me in the past at other wattages/rpm as well.
Game Version 1.0.54377
CycleOps H2 (firmware v. 31.043)
PC (Intel i7 w/ GTX 970 graphics)
Ant+ dongle shows in Device Manager as “Dynastream Innovations Inc” but it says Garmin on it.
I have the Ant+ dongle on a USB extension cable to be within ~3ft of the H2.
The PC is connected via cable ethernet and my home wifi is on Channel 1 to minimize interference on the Ant+ band (which would overlap heavily on wifi channel 11).
I opened yesterday’s Zwift log file on Zwiftalizer and it shows a framerate drop to a minimum of 35 right at the start when there were still hundreds of other avatars on screen for the event start.
The Ant+ signal quality looks strong, with only 1 “search” right at the beginning of the log and this remark below: " Perfect! Your ANT+ devices were paired just once which means there were no dropouts after you started riding. Congratulations!"
On the Network Performance part of zwiftalizer it does show a few reconnects early in the log and one more reconnect at the 5:16 timestamp but that was 5 minutes after the stuck power/rpm began so not sure if related. Likewise, no “Network errors” after the beginning of the log file.
I went and opened the device on the Saris android app and it showed a new firmware update available (31.062) so I updated.