Bluetooth improvements for controllable trainers & treadmills [January 2022]

Then WHAT has changed in the past couple of updates that is effecting bluetooth resistance changes? Zwift HAS made a change that is effecting these trainers as pointed out in the entire thread

1 Like

Tonight’s adventure my PC could not find my Garmin HR chest strap…never had this happen…tried to link on companion app on my phone and still could not find it. Finally made my phone forget the device and then it finally showed up. But then for the whole rest of the ride my phone screen looked like this…

1 Like

This is good, can you say anything about this work though?

I had to shell out for a new trainer because my 2017 kickr ( non ftms) behaved so erratically and nothing would right it and I needed to keep training!
Being massively out of pocket for a zwift bug is super annoying as it is…… but not being able to sell the old trainer until I know it’ll work with zwift again with confidence is more annoying

This is very exciting, Shooj. How soon can we expect this update??

Zwift Companion doens’t connect anymore to my bluetooth devices since the update. I can’t ride anymore :pensive:
Other apps on my Android phone do connect to those devices. Zwift Companion does nothing.

I had a variable resistance problem which started about the same time of Jeremy’s first post in this thread. I thought I was in this group also. Turns out that my variable resistance problem was related to my 2014 Kickr., Wahoo’s first model, sometimes referred to the model with a suitcase handle.
In Wahoo’s support site there is a topic “How to clean the optical disc and sensor on an original Kickr 2014.” I followed their instructions and no more variability. Wahoo changed design after this model, but the concept may still apply to other brands. Zwift support personnel felt the problem was on my end and they were correct.

I’ve already posted in the “Android” forum, but I think it deserves to be repeated here.

Like lots of other users, I’m currently having big connectivity problems using the Companion app Bluetooth “bridge” (Android) with my Tacx Neo 2T and Apple TV. Everything was working fine until the latest Companion app update (which I performed on Monday 28th Feb).

This issue nearly screwed up my last WTRL-ZRL race when I lost the connection just before the start. I abandoned the Companion app and paired the trainer and HRM directly to Apple TV via Bluetooth without a problem. In fact, since joining Zwift over a year ago my set-up of pairing trainer & HRM directly to Apple TV via bluetooth has been bullet-proof and problem free. It’s only since I acquired a set of Assioma pedals and started to pair everything via bluetooth using the Companion app that frequent connectivity problems have occurred. It makes the Zwifting experience a nightmare, especially when racing.

I tried again yesterday (after clearing the Bluetooth and Comapnion app caches and restarting Apple TV etc.) and managed about 45 mins of a free ride before another “Connection Failure” debacle. If I pair directly without the companion app, everything is stable.

Getting well pi**ed off with this now. Hopefully, Zwift will pull their finger out and get this sorted asap.

1 Like

Well sir since the new download a lot of people have Bluetooth problems connecting their equipment to companion.People are going back and downloading the old version just to ride.We should not have to do that if we are paying money to ride Thank you.

4 Likes

Totally agree. My Zwift
start-up and shut-down procedures are now worthy of a NASA engineer and it still doesn’t help to promote stable Bluetooth connectivity via the Companion App.

Any ideas on this?

Good Day, I wish I could go back to the day…where I could go downstairs, turn my computer on, and ride. Yes, I have an older laptop that didn’t have Windows 10 on it…but everything worked just fine. Now, I go downstairs and expect to wait for 5-10 minutes or longer in advance of the program loading…only to have it disconnect from time to time during the ride. Last night, the Watts:MPH was definitely not right. 250W does not equal 11 mph in the flats. How can I coast to a stop on a -3% gradient at 18 mph? I’m using a Cycleops Hammer. Hope you guys can get this fixed sooner than later.

2 Likes

I still feel like I’m pedaling with the brakes set. I ride a hand cycle on a KICKR wheel on smart trainer. When do you expect to get a fix? It’s been a week or longer now since I’ve been able to ride. Thanks

It’s really weird, cycling and especially coasting or descending feels like there are virtual brakes applied. Tried to supertuck during a descend of ToW and slowed down significantly like I was braking, almost got to a complete halt and got spit out of the back of the group.

Also feeling strange resistance changes like almost none resistance is applied when going uphill. Instead, every terrain feels the same.

Will try out ANT+ again but there have been a lot of dropouts in the past few months as well.

Theory: are these issues related to the Trainer Difficulty Setting in any kind of way? Like having this setting to 50% messes also the dynamics up to this factor? Anyone tried it with 100%?

1 Like

For those of you on a Kickr V5, did you ever update firmware beyond 4.2.1? Mine is brand new and I can only go back to 4.2.7. This trainer is useless right now on Zwift with all the crazy resistance changes. Works perfect over at RGT :wink:

@shooj I have wahoo kickr v5 turbo and having issues, run on windows laptop.

My power seems to have dropped (which is fine) but now I keep getting drop outs to.

I have dropped my files into zwiftalizer and from todays I have 10 resends on FTMS bluetooth and 3 trainer resets on bluetooth, no bluetooth disconnects.

Similar on a ride on Friday to 9 FTMS and 2 resets.

I have also found cycling at times feels like cycling through treacle, with RPM not matching my usual power output.

Zwift is up to date and wahoo firmware running is 4.2.7.

Any advice please

Will zwifalizer work with Apple TV ? If so, how do you grab the log files ?

No, because the log files aren’t accessible. Zwift can look at the server-side logs of an Apple TV session if they need to, but it doesn’t show everything from the client end.

Thanks Steve

I thought that was the case

same issue on my MAC.BT not finding anything. Ant works fine as does my iPhone and iPad

Again same has happened tonight with the latest wahoo firmware updated to 8 FTMS resends and 2 resets