Allow Saves Without Exit

The 2% answer is a pretty bad answer from the customer communication standpoint… If you acknowledge there are vocal 2% - why would you say something to disappoint exactly this 2% group?

5 Likes

well if my opinion doesn’t count, I’ll still be “super vocal”
#savewithoutexit #velodrome #trainingbot #clubjersey

2 Likes

Hi Denis,
I agree. Also the vocal 2% could actually represent what 50 or 60% think of feel.

2 Likes

The vocal 2% promoted Zwift to the other 98%. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

As a brand new Zwifter, I’m honestly shocked that, with 205 requests for this feature request since it was first suggested in August of 2018, this hasn’t been implemented. I think the app is fantastic with so many cool features EXCEPT for this really annoying issue!!

1 Like

206 requests and 816 votes…
Zwift HQ, where are you? Is there any request with more votes?

2 Likes

Quiet down, you’re just the vocal 2%!

:crazy_face: :hot_face: :ride_on:

3 Likes

:cry:
How many Zwisters are paying each month?
Just curious, how many $$$ are these 2%.
But it’s not about the money… or is it?
I am happy with Zwift, but could be a little bit happier with this feature.

Please, please allow me to exit the current event without logging out of the entire app!

Yep. I use the Apple TV so the restarting is very fast, but it’s still a big pain to have to repair my sensors, etc, when I finish a route and want to do another one. If I actually had to restart a PC program every time I did a route I’d be pulling my hair out.

I use software every day, at work, at home, on my phone. Lots of software. The whole main menu system and user experience in Zwift is very poorly thought out. It is objectively bad, and a source of frustration every time I use Zwift. Don’t just say it’s only the 2% that care. The good outweighs the bad, but everybody notices the bad too.

It’s forgivable in a version 1.0 product (and I get that economies of scale mean that Zwift is not going to have the same development resources as Facebook or something) but it sounds like this has been an issue for a few years now. Why on earth is there development effort being spent on steering instead of this? Is there a topic with 800 votes “hey Zwift we want to steer our bikes!”

2 Likes

Big facts

Another vote here. This is not a major overhaul, just a slight modification to take you to an existing screen. Riding some of the shorter routes it would be nice to jump over to another route without restarting. I also have had a few issues with not getting a reminder to join an event and missed the start because I had to restart the program, which takes about 5 minutes on my older laptop.

+1

from me

Zwift could you at least acknowledge this with some sort of sensible response i.e. Is this even on the backlog and at what priority? Really how can something that have 828 votes (only from the small percentage who gives a #@$) and has been a complaint for over 4 years not have a fairly high priority. So steering like a drunk sloth though the woods is fun but more important than saving without exit?

It’s worth noting that this has been addressed in interviews. Most recently the ZwiftCast interview with CEO Eric Min:

See Zwiftcast Episode 76: The Minterview… Zwift CEO and Simon in Conversation | Zwift Insider

60:15 Allow Saving Without Exiting Game

Eric talks about why it’s taking so long, and that it’s going to be fixed by the UI update that’s due soon. The most likely implementation is that we’ll go back to some sort of title screen. Possibly the first screen we see after pairing at the moment, where we have the world/route choice.

Great thanks. Now I know where the 2% reference comes from :slight_smile:
I must say I’m a bit miffed by the response. Not that there is an acknowledgement that something will be done but by a) the idea that is has been around for a year. It’s been around for at least 4 years as a raised issue and b) that the issue is only created when you are finished and want to hang around when there is more to it and many many post have highlighted the numerous use case. But anyway it seems like I will be able to save and continue in my life time and that is a win.:wink:

I didn’t take it that way. I though Eric was saying the UI project was a year in the making - but it will have been planned even before that I’m sure.

In other interviews I think Jon Mayfield (the lead developer) has touched on some architectural reasons why it’s not as straightforward as it might appear. The idea of Zwift being left running for extended periods of time for example, and the chance of memory leaks. (IIRC, it was something like that.) Of course, that’s a software engineering issue that can be fixed, but there are probably good reasons we’re not aware of why they haven’t just done it.

I think if it was just a simple case of going back to the main or pairing screen at the end of a ride, they’d have done it years ago.

Frustrating to have lived with it for several years, but the end is in sight!

2 Likes

Eric also said, that ZWIFT would not release such a big update in the middle of the high season.

1 Like

Eric said it is coming in the next major update, he just doesn’t think it is all that important. But he promised it is almost ready. Zoon, of course.

I’m new to Zwift. Being a retired software engineer, this save ride causing program closure - I am dumb founded by this design flaw, on a platform which is otherwise so popular. This needs to get fixed, ASAP.

Doug

4 Likes