Allow Saves Without Exit

I am so disappointed that this has not been implemented yet.

1 Like

August 2018 - March 2020

This feature request gets my vote.
Why do we still need to reload the software? My PC is so slow loading zwift (bad computer, I know)…it’s only a time loss for me. Please, fix that =)

1 Like

I guess the new update did not change this issue, did it?

2 Likes

I’m new to Zwift and see that this topic has not been fixed for over two years now.
Is there any timeline set to address this issue?

1 Like

This is absolute basic gaming! Did Zwift not hire actual game designers. Being able to go back to the start menu is a must.

You finish your ride and it gives you two options “Save and Exit” and “Save and Go Back to Main Menu”

2 Likes

I think it was mentioned in a podcast a little while ago that this functionality would be introduced whenever the UI update drops.

yes this needs to be added

1 Like

+1 vote for this feature

Yes. Upvote. Please.

Voted, please add this feature!

Might as well add my vote although it looks like it might be a waste of time…?

3 Likes

Gets my vote. Seems like the most basic of functionality.

Been on Zwift for a while. Not a prolific user. But it gets me that if I do a short 5km route on say New York once complete I can’t easily select another route. I need to save and exit and go load in AGAIN… these mechanics makes interfacing with Zwift like playing on my SNES from the 90’s.

3 Likes

Zwift we love you, but having to close down the entire app just to swap routes is so frustrating, there must be a way to finish a course, jump into the route selector and be able to select a different one but carry on with the ride?

Not being able to move from one course to another without logging out is crazy, apart from time consuming you also run the risk of Zwift not logging you back in which seems to be happening a lot these days.

Seriously! WTF?!

It’s infuriating that the damn app just closes after you finish a ride.

What I can’t understand is that the people running Zwift and using their own platform have to feel exactly the same as the rest of us. Why aren’t they fixing it?!

Also, please let us turn off the damn autobraking. In real life I sometimes coast without braking immediately…

Ughhhh…

This gets a big yes +1 A++ please make it happen from me also
There was a code I stumbled on “ITS2018FFS” which was supposed to allow saving/changing courses without quitting the app but that code does not work anymore

1. Loading the app is very tedius - there is an intial loader that asks you to log in which is slow. Then there is the actual graphical app which seems to take a really long time to load also (I have a MacBook Pro 15" from 2015 with 16GB RAM and SSD). Then the app needs pairing and sometimes pauses there.
  2. When in the game, it’s good, thank you, it’s a good experience
  3. Changing worlds or exiting - why does this take so long? I exit and save, then the app takes another half minute to close down

It seems like some optimisation is needed to make the app smoother when loading and exiting

My wife thinks Zwift is just an elaborate psychological experiment to see what people will put up with. Here’s the proof.

8 Likes

Smart lady

I think, due to CoV-2 a lot of people has joined zwift, without understanding the concept of what zwift is.

Autobrake off? Coasting? Yeah, and just sitting dumb on the bike in the basement while nothing moves. :rofl: