Allow Saves Without Exit

still nothing omg … :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

…but we did get Boost Mode…!

1 Like

i don’t know why but some tactics match …

This was post in August 2018. It still hasn’t been addressed? This is likely the single most annoying feature of the app.

I’m very much enjoying Zwift, but I’m literally shocked that this feature and the rampant category cheating in racing hasn’t been solved.

Please listen to your customers… we do not want boost mode. We want the MOST COMMON issues addressed first.

Please.

7 Likes

There was a major UI update originally slated to be released towards the end of March 2020, but has been delayed due to the pandemic, and the massive increase in users of the program. It was generally understood that this, and some other longstanding issues, were being addressed.

Whilst the delay may be frustrating, I have some sympathy with Zwift’s position that a time of worldwide lockdowns and massive increases in Zwift usage is probably not the time to roll out wholesale changes to the program’s UI to the entire user base.

This is particularly true given Zwift’s track record. When have they ever rolled out anything that wasn’t rife with bugs?!?

3 Likes

let do it, the game takes way to long to start up again, and my laptop is pretty decent.

We know that Zwift leadership talked about a UI update release after the winter. But other enhancements have been talked about over the years but long delayed without a pandemic.

3 Likes

So, why hasn’t this happened yet Zwift? Today I wanted to do two routes on different worlds. So damn annoying. End the ride which then closes the app. Then have to relaunch and log in select the other world select the route and go.Why does the app close simply because you end a ride? Ideally you should be able to end a ride, go to the menu and have the option to select a new route. If it is in the same world you could be given the option to ride to the beginning of that route or be “transported” to it.If you want to do a route in a different world then it takes you there. This also leads into another issue of not knowing when a route actually starts and the distance you have to the end.

1 Like

Everyone assumes that the UI will address some of these concerns but zwift (to my knowledge) haven’t said that they will. So I wouldn’t hold my breath on the new UI making it what people want.

1 Like

Yes please! :grinning:

Yes seems silly you cannot save a ride then choose another route and a route of your choosing, quite a few features could be improved.

Save without exit ?
I was just looking for how to do it.
I find it’s not even a feature :astonished:
Which other computer program exits when you save …can’t think of one - imagine restarting Excel each time you hit the save button :laughing:

1 Like

Zwift starts up for me in about 2 seconds to the “lets go” window from shortcut click, then about…5-6 seconds with the loading now before it is picking up my sensors, on an 4th gen i7 and old 120G SSD…

1 Like

I have a 4th gen i5 @ 3.5 GHz and a 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD. From “let’s go” to the sensor pairing screen, it’s 40 seconds.

1 Like

I have never stopped a ride to do another, since 2016.

1070 hours, and did not need it yet. LOL

1 Like

The most common reason I end a ride, exit Zwift, and immediately start Zwift again, is to keep special Zwift event files (e.g., Tour for All) separate from other rides.

2 Likes

maybe if it were easier to do you would! :wink:

I would like to be able to switch routes/worlds easier - especially for the smaller worlds like Innsbruck or Richmond

Once you commit to a route you need to stay on it. LOL

I wonder if I would. :thinking: Currently my login take less than 60seconds.

It will be interesting to see. :sunglasses:

Has Zwift ever replied about this issue? Is there some good reason why they haven’t set up ‘save without exit’. My log ins are so slow it takes 20mins at least to go back in.