Zwiftpower Acronyms and Icons

Could someone please post a key to understanding Zwiftpower?  There are all kinds of acronyms and icons on there, some of which have explanations (in a range of completeness and requiring various levels of digging to discover).

For example:  What does “REG1” mean?  And how is it applied?  Same for “UPG”?  How is “Performance better than expected 250 Points” determined?  What are the red and green traces on the graphs in the race results?  How does “Power smoothing” work?  More…

4 Likes

I have the same questions… any experienced riders out there that can help us newbies to understand the data better?

Thank you!

1 Like

For what it is worth, I found this list of disqualification codes on the Club WBR website.  That answered a few of the questions.

-  REG1 = Unregistered Rider, Finish position would have been 1 if not disqualified.

-  UPG = Please upgrade to higher category

Still trying to figure out the other stuff…  :slight_smile:

Disqualifcation Codes

WKG : Exceeded category power limits 
UPG : Please upgrade; rider has proven ability to race in higher category 
ZP : Zpower sources of power data prohibited in this category/finishing position 
HR : Heart rate monitor required in this category/finishing position 
ZRVG : ZADA disqualification 
5W : 5-minute power exceeded 6 w/kg without ZADA approval 
REGN : Unregistered rider, would have originally finished in Nth place if not disqualfieid 
15S  Exceeded 15-second w/kg limit 
DQ : Disqualified for other reason (see note, or contact organizers) 

4 Likes

I know Zwift is not part of ZwiftPower or vice versa, but this would be really useful. In addition to above, it seems the heaviest and lightest riders have their weight in RED. 

The magnifying glass in the left column is a rider looking to join a team. I think NP is normalised power but I am not sure of the significance of the colour. 

Just noticed on the Events page that there is a battery like icon - is that for e-bikes? LoL. 

Maybe the ZwiftPower Races Facebook page has more answers. I don’t use FB. 

I have copied Kumpf’s additions below, perhaps others could add to the total in a new post. 

-  REG1 = Unregistered Rider, Finish position would have been 1 if not disqualified.

-  UPG = Please upgrade to higher category

Disqualifcation Codes

WKG : Exceeded category power limits 
UPG : Please upgrade; rider has proven ability to race in higher category 
ZP : Zpower sources of power data prohibited in this category/finishing position 
HR : Heart rate monitor required in this category/finishing position 
ZRVG : ZADA disqualification 
5W : 5-minute power exceeded 6 w/kg without ZADA approval 
REGN : Unregistered rider, would have originally finished in Nth place if not disqualfieid 
15S  Exceeded 15-second w/kg limit 
DQ : Disqualified for other reason (see note, or contact organizers) 

So another question on top of this then.
If you are for example DQ’ed for REGN, and then register with zwiftpower and pass ZADA requirements, do they reinstate the result?

1 Like

>>  I think NP is normalised power but I am not sure of the significance of the colour. 

correct, NP is normalized power.  the various colours indicate the Variability Index.  You can see this if you hover the mouse pointer over the NP bar.

The VI is the normalized power divided by average power.  The VI shows how smooth or evenly paced the power output was during the event.
https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/204071734-Variability-Index

Ride on!

Can anyone tell me how t0 fix my height in zwiftpower? for some reason its reading as 1740cm (should be 174)

Andrew

You find it in your profile settings. The same place as your name. You can also change it via the companion app.

Could I tap into your knowledge too as I’m new to Zwiftpower?

What is the “+” time in the time column?

Do you know where it comes from? Is it a handicap for some reason?

Also, the “A, B, C or D” category on the right of the results table; is this the actual category you performed in as opposed to the category you entered? For example, I calculated from my FTP I was just in the C category, but the results show D. Does that mean I’m not quite in the C category yet? Should I enter D next time?

Thanks for any help.

1 Like