Zwift Update (download speed)

Hello,

the updates download at a maximum speed of 50 kb / sec but my Internet Verbidnung fast enough … Is this due to your servers that they are overworked?

greets

Chris

Hi Chris,

This is definitely not related to our servers as far as I can tell. My download from home or from the office is very, very fast - limited by my network.

I might do a router reset/modem power cycle to see if that helps.

Hi Eric,

i try to upload the App on my Win. PC. The download speed is 50kb. Download Performance my Net just testet, is 47.000kb. I try from South Germany

I have the same experience, the CDN that you are using starts fast but then slows down a lot.  I have a very fast download (and upload) and notice this most of the time.  I do think that part of the issue could be load based on the number of people pulling for the code when it is just released.

Hi Eric,

my donwload Speed is in on all other sites perfect 50/10mbit.

i m from North Germany and my provider is the Deutsche Telekom.

the issues is only by Download the zwift updates.

Hi,

same issue. Win10 64 bit with 16mb Telekom DSL. Other Websites and speedtests were fine. Downloaded an update for other programs with 11mb/s but ZWIFT still 80 -128 kb. switched from wlan to cable, doesn’t matter…

Any Ideas?

The update from today has been going for an hour, it is still not finished. Are your servers so overloaded?

I opened a ticket for this a while back. No resolution.

The updates come from AWS servers.

This past Monday, I downloaded the update in the morning while tethered to my iPhone over LTE (Philly area). It came down super fast, within a minute.

Later that evening, I downloaded the update on another machine and it took nearly 30 min. This was over a Verizon FiOS 75/75 service and an 802.11AC WiFi connection.

My guess is probably a combination of load on the update servers and evening network traffic. Seems like it shouldn’t be that large of a difference but there is definitely a problem still.

Just tried a 3rd machine right now and the update come down pretty fast…

Nice speed today… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

There are some things we are doing that could improve speed but a lot of it is dependent on AWS and who is the first to download from a given area and whether or not that file is queued there already.

The internet is a weird and wacky place and, unfortunately, sometimes it behaves oddly. 

Def very slow download today.  Already 30min in and it says another 78min to go.  Normally it downloads in just a few mins total.  Not sure this is worth paying for.

I’m a big fan of Zwift and do not mean this as a snip more just honest feedback.  I work in IT and when a post says “The Internet is a weird and wacky place and, unfortunately, sometimes it behaves oddly.” 

It sounds like someone is trying to be cute and does not know what they are talking about.

The correct answer I think would sound more like “The way that we have configured AWS as a CDN is not ideal and we are working on a solution so that the Content Delivery is faster for all users.”

I also think that the main pain point is that when this happens you are all ready to bike, changed, booked time for it etc and hitting a block is like going to the gym and the doors are locked.

Still a big fan of Zwift and I do think it is worth and will continue to pay for it, things keep getting better each month.

Totally agree with j. m.'s  comment above. If Zwift software continues to perform poorly like this, then it’s not an affective tool for training. Forced upgrades are difficult when, as the post mentions, I’m all ready to ride, but then have to wait. I ultimately didn’t do my workout yesterday because of this. Seems like they may need some help in their IT Arch area. 

something I read somewhere about flies, vinegar, and honey…

Less than a 1.0mb today on a new machine, should either look to use a different CDN or look to prime the caches

Today was solid and quick over 5mb (i’m based North A, East Coast.)

I am on a FIOS 75/75 MB and the download speed from Zwift is 130 kBps. Cheap solution is what I say. Zwift put the download on the cheapest possible AWS regions and availability zones. It is crazy! I bought a smart trainer, setup my bike and got ready and it took me 45 minutes, all dressed up, signed up for zwift, started downloading and am waiting for an hour now. It says 133 minutes remaining!

Same here. I have fibre internet, blindingly fast, and am trying to install Zwift for the first time. Quite why when i’ve just installed what should be the latest version, it now insists on doing an update is beyond me.

Stuck on around 250 kb/sec, telling me it’ll take well over an hour.

Really poor in this day an age, and has put me offside before I’ve even started. Fulgaz was up and running in about 5 minutes from start to finish.