Zwift Run Pod and weak bluetooth

Hello,
I received a new Zwift RunPod today. I used a treadmill at the gym and paired the Zwift RunPod to Zwift on iOS. I was unable to calibrate the Run Pod because the bluetooth connection keep failing. I attempted to run anyway. I would begin to run and after about 30-45 seconds my speed would fall to zero. After a minute or two, I would begin to run again. When I looked on the pairing screen, the bluetooth connection varied between one and two bars for the signal strength. I’ve used another footpod on Zwift in the past on the same treadmill with no issues. Is there an issue with my footpod and the bluetooth strength?

I had similar issues with mine.

Hey Stephen and Alex!

I’m sorry you both are having difficulties with your RunPod.

We’d like you to try updating the firmware on your Zwift RunPod to see if this resolves the issue. Instructions for updating your RunPod’s firmware should be available on the MilestonePod app.

Now, calibration for your footpod may be necessary after the firmware update. However, please make sure you fully exit out of this app after doing so, as signals can be hijacked away from Zwift if they are open at the same time.

Calibrating your footpod is easy as shown in the article “How do I Calibrate my footpod​?​” On your paired devices screen, once you pair the footpod you should see a wrench icon appear next to RunSpeed. Click on the wrench and the calibration screen will appear. We suggest setting the speed calibration at the normal pace you usually run.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes! If you’re still having difficulties, please find and send us all your log files for your device. You can find instructions on how to locate your log files in an article on our Knowledge base “Finding Your Log Files to help resolve an Issue.​​” and attach them to a support ticket here. We’re happy to help!