Zwift response to questions

Hi. I am a new Zwift user. i like the product, but I am bemused by the below email exchange with Zwift when I posed a few (surely reasonable) questions following a group ride (sub 2.0 w/kg 30 December 2016). The thrust of the response I got was that they wouldn’t answer my questions but instead suggested that I get answers through the community forum. They stated that they considered the query ‘solved’ (really?!) and asked me to mark them on how well they answered my query!! This seems very weak for a subscription based service.

Feedback from forum welcomed both on the questions I posed and on whether this is a normal Zwift type of response.

thanks

Gareth

On 6 Jan 2017, at 03:07, Jessica S. (Zwift) <support@gozwift.zendesk.com> wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi Gareth,

Your ticket #(49029) has been updated!

|

| |
Jessica S.  (Zwift)

Jan 5, 19:07 PST

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for getting back to me!

All software update and the new feature will be announced at the What’s New section.

I’m going to close your ticket now, but you can reopen it if you have any other questions by following the instructions below.

Ride On!

We are marking your support request (#49029) as solved. To reopen this support request, simply reply to this email or click the link below:

http://gozwift.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/49029

Let us know how we did!

Positive Rating Negative Rating

Best,
Jessica Sanders

|

|

|

| Gareth Ste |
Gareth Stephens

Jan 4, 03:04 PST

Thank you Jessica.

So should I expect a reply from you in due course when the development team have looked at this?

regards
Gareth

|

|

|

| |
Jessica S.  (Zwift)

Jan 3, 23:13 PST

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for reaching out and for the feedback! I’ve passed it on to the dev team, but we also encourage you to share your thoughts on our Community forums here: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

The forums are a great place to get more community support for an idea and attention from the dev team.

Each event has different requirement and distance/goal, you can check the full details here: https://teamup.com/ks4861763bd63ce3d8/

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Jessica Sanders

|

|

|

| Gareth Ste |
Gareth Stephens

Jan 2, 02:29 PST

Hi. I joined my first group ride last week as above. It was good though pace bit crazy at start. Have sympathy for leader must be like herding cats! A few questions:

1. Visibility of leader. A few times I wasn’t sure if I was ahead or not. Seems that the leader beacon only visible when closely behind him/her. Why is that?
  2. It was helpful to see message showing leader going through check points on distance and this would help with 1 above. But why is this displayed in miles when I am viewing my distance in metric? Doing the conversion maths too hard when puffed!
  3. I stopped pedalling after the 1 hour was up but think I didn’t get to end as presumable end is defined by distance leader does in 1 hour is that right?

Many thanks!
Gareth

|

|

Copyright © 2016 Zwift, LLC, All rights reserved | Los Angeles, New York, London.

[J5YL5Q-M9M4]

Probably because it’s a bit much to require a personal response to general questions which can indeed be best answered by people in the community. Zwift support has like 6 people whereas the Zwift riders facebook group has 24,000 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/zwiftriders/

Agree with Mark, you’re expecting a little too much. The type of questions you ask is more suited for the user forum and not Zwift HQ. Or do you also ask these kind of questions to Microsoft or Apple if you’re not certain about one or other feature of their products?

Perhaps you should try a different view if you are having difficulty seeing the leader. I don’t recall having an issue telling where the leader was. They were either a beacon ahead of my, a ray of light beaming from the sky if I get too far off the back and a yellow name at the bottom of my screen if they are behind me.

I have never encountered messages telling where the leader is, but I would suspect that they are posting that message and they are riding in miles, which is why there post is in miles. I would think that doing the math while trying to ride and keep control of the “cats” as you called them (and I agree) is a bit much to ask of them.

All events are different so it is hard to determine if the event just didn’t end correctly, which happens or if you just didn’t complete it.

Zwift is a fabulous product and sometimes we have to be willing to say “hey maybe it’s me” and not instantly blame Zwift for issues or expect them to fix it. I have to say that all my issues were on my end and the only way I was able to resolve them was because I was willing to explore my set up before instantly blaming Zwift. This isn’t to say that Zwift doesn’t have issues but it is a computer program with lots of moving parts and is still quite young. Mad props to the developers!

I hope you can grow to love Zwift and find it to be a useful tool.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post and especially to Kerri who additionally provided helpful responses to my ‘technical’ questions (on which I have no further queries having realized that I can choose my ride to be shown in miles at the outset).

As to my response from Zwift, my initial expectation was coloured by my experience purchasing subscription services from small companies (not with Apple, whose products I buy as a one-off so I wouldn’t expect support yet still get brilliant face-to-face support at their Genius bar).

But I guess these expectations were unrealistic if I view the Zwift offering as being within the games industry where it seems that user groups provide the feedback. I was just a bit thrown by their email saying that my query had been ‘resolved’ than simply redirected. The Zwift ‘contact us’ link could perhaps be accompanied with a statement that it is not a forum for general user queries.

I am a big fan of the product and have already become a near-daily user, so it is not my intention to gripe! Ride on!

Thanks again

Gareth