Hey Zwifters, we’ve got a new update out and it’s a big one. This one should have something for everybody.
First and foremost, for our longtime Zwifters who’ve hit the level 25 ceiling, that barrier is now gone and we’ve raised the level cap to 50. The good news for those users is that Zwift has been keeping track of your riding even after somebody hits level 25 which allows us to catch you up to where you actually should be. The level upgrades won’t happen instantaneously, but will instead will happen at an accelerated speed over the next few weeks or months of riding, so get on the bike and start unlocking the new stuff!
NOTE: there is also a ‘hardcore’ option to throw away all your extra banked experience and start fresh at level 25. Think carefully before you choose it as there’s no way to change your mind later!
We’ve also made a few other improvements and fixes in this release, such as:
- Save screen now allows you to pick which screenshots you’d like to upload to the Zwift servers (and thus, 3rd parties like Strava and MapMyRide)
- Save screen now allows you to pick your privacy of how your activity shows up on the Zwift Companion app. NOTE: 3rd parties such as Strava, Garmin, MapMyRide will each have their own privacy settings that are unaffected by the Zwift activity feed setting.
- Running footpads now have a 3 speed calibration process to improve accuracy
- Half Marathon training mission added for runners
- Fixed issue with Kurt Kinetic smart trainers when used via Android Zwift Companion
- BETA: Windows bluetooth early access. On up-to-date Windows 10 devices that have bluetooth 4 support, we now natively support reading power data, speed, cadence, and heart rate over bluetooth in this release. No control of trainers is supported yet (you will still need to use ANT+ or Bluetooth via Zwift Companion for that). DO NOT USE for important races or rides, it’s there for testing and we’d love feedback here in our forums about your experience if you decide to give it a try.
- Tacx Neo 2 Road Feel setting fixed
- Various minor bug fixes
We’ve still got more in store for 2018, so stay tuned!
As usual we’re all ears when it comes to feedback about changes, just respond to this thread. Or if there is something new you’d like to see, head on over to Feature Requests to post your idea.
The Team at Zwift