Zwift crashing on iPad (5th Generation) whilst racing since update on April 29th, 2020

@shooj, @Wes, @seth_steen
Hey guys, sorry for tagging you but would it be possible to get acknowledgement that this issue is being looked into or if not some general help on what are likely causes for the Zwift iOS to crash.

There seems to be a number of people having similar issues since the last update and it would be great to know the cause of the issues.

There is alot of info on the post above and I have linked to some other posts where users seem to be having the same problems.

I raised a ticked on Thursday evening UK time but to date have not received a response.

Personally I would like to know if running the Zwift companion app whilst racing or if linking my iPad to my TV via the Apple Lightning AV Adapter can have any impact on causing Zwift to crash would be possible so I can at least rule out those possibilities. As I said before my problems have only started since the updates last week.

I’ve only been using Zwift just over a month and up until the update I have had no major issues. I’ve really enjoyed using it but have found the app crashes while racing to be really frustrating.

It would be great to know that this is being investigated.

Look forward to hearing from you.

5 Likes