Zwift Companion Release, February 25th (3.22 iOS, Android)

I was just coming to comment the same thing.

It’s a bodge at best for those of us that have separate power & trainer as those would be the 2 devices. No heart rate & steering for me I guess until they get this fixed. :unamused:

I do have a CABLE device that I’m going to see if I can’t get it to also transmit HR combined with power & cadence, but I’m pretty sure it can’t receive commands for trainer control and I really doubt i can even receive steering inputs. Unfortunately the battery is flat and the spare is also so that might not happen today. sigh

Same issue no signal. Thanks Zwift.

1 Like

Oh so another random thing that was happening before was when I opened the companion app it kept trying to pair with my wifes Garmin watch. She had to turn it off so I didn’t keep receiving the pop ups.

1 Like

Similar problems here as others have reported. All good until yesterday, connecting to Windows 10 laptop via Zwift Companion (iOS). Now won’t connect or connects intermittently to Wahoo trainer, HRM, cadence etc. Error messages about Bluetooth connections to various unknown devices. Tried again this morning - no connections what so ever.

1 Like

Hey everyone - we’re working on the connection issues and will get a fix out ASAP.

15 Likes

Hi, how do you connect via BLE? I thought that is only option with the ZC. I am sorry I am just little confused. I have Kickr-v5 and Tickr. How should I connect it? Thank you for your help.

Cable can do trainer control. Hope you got it to work.

1 Like

Agreed!! :+1:t4: … my colleagues and I didn’t know that and were under the impression that we needed the Companion.

I just recently started using the TICKR, instead of the Apple Watch (which only worked consistently with the Companion).

… Thanks! :blush:

Negative, the battery was flat, I replaced it and it still didn’t work. The replacement was sitting in a drawer for a while so I figured it was flat as well and I went out and bought some new batteries. When they didn’t work either that is when I discovered my error. CABLE takes a 2032 and my original replacement was a 2025 which is thinner and doesn’t it the contacts correctly. Of course I bought extra 2025s as that is what the replacement was and I never bothered to look at the original until now. So now I wait until tomorrow to get the proper replacements.

Spent ages yesterday and today with my AppleTV, iPad and iPhone trying to work out was was going wrong. Like others here I had all sorts of random Bluetooth devices listed in the companion app and had my partner’s Garmin watch constantly trying to pair. Deleted and reinstalled everything. In the end I installed Zwift on my Mac and was able to pair everything directly to the Mac rather than through the companion app so I could ride.

1 Like

This is not a workaround if you have an older Kickr that does not aggregate cadence and heart rate. But glad its working for you.

BLE (actually means Bluetooth Low Energy) which is simply the standard Bluetooth that we use on all our devices.

1. Disconnect the pairing from the Companion

2. Turn on your devices.

3. Pair your Power Source.

4. Power, Cadence and the Controller will Connect.

5. Pair the TICKR

This worked Great!! :+1:t4: … hope it works for you!!

1 Like

Agreed! … My post does outline … it’s a workaround for my config … Thanks!

Update: I got the CABLE to work. I’ve used it in the past before when running Zwift with TR simultaneously but never set it up to control the trainer as I would have TR do that. Once I found the instructions on their website (and a battery with juice) it was a breeze. I’ll probably just stick with this method as there is no need to faff about with the companion app any more and I’ll only use that as a backup when the CABLE battery dies.

Same issue as others. BLE Connectivity is totally borked.

3 Likes

Same BLE issues as others with the iOS companion app. Are others having trouble with the Android companion app? I need to use the companion app to connect to my trainer so no direct connection for me, unless I just launch Zwift on my iPhone.

1 Like

Zwift should give us all the riders the Haute Route jersey. I was kicked out less than 7 km from the finish 2 days in a row. Very frustrating!!

2 Likes

Does anyone know when these Bluetooth issues are going to be fixed my companion to Apple TV is buckled been a really frustrating weekend!!

2 Likes

Got disconnected at least 7 times in 2.5 hour race today. Galaxy phone running companion app Wahoo Kickr. The Game screen flashes when it happens, like resetting. Kickr still shows solid bluetooth connection light. Can reconnect by turning off Kickr and then re-pairing in Windows, when that did not work, rebooting phone and kickr and re-pair. Real pain.

1 Like

Same BLE issues as others noted. Extremely frustrating and waste of my time. Please fix! I may have to move to other platform as Zwift is totally bonked for me.

1 Like