Zwift Companion Release 3.39 [August 2022]

Sounds like you need Apple’s multiport adapter (part number MUF82AM/A)

Helicopter, you can get to with the companion app.

Drone, you cant, because you can’t control it.

Paul, thank you.
I appreciate the suggestion. And indeed Yes, I have that.

And you are correct, just as the
Gentleman who recommended the Bluetooth keyboard.

It works.

A Rube Goldberg device also works.

But it’d be much more elegant for the camera angle button on the app to work for all the angles. I mean, they’ve already rendered these views. Why not just make them accessible??

If I can already get helicopter view from the computer, why can’t the app just change to all of the camera angles ?

Instead, there’s always some workaround which imposes other costs, like Bluetooth interference or a wire draped across the room to a keyboard that when (not if) I drop it may send the MacBook (and maybe the TV) crashing to the floor.

Jeff

You can???
I couldn’t.
I spent a week of back and forth deleting the app and reinstalling, answering loads of questions, trying different things - with an ambassador- (what is that?) and then escalated support eventually told me that there is no helicopter or drone view from the app.

Your answer is perfectly logical.
That would be a legitimate reason not to drone via the app. I would be very happy though if I had the helicopter. A low helicopter - so you can see ahead and behind yourself at once - because If I stay close to the beacon, he/she is ahead or I am at ahead - back and forth many times- so I just want to keep my eye on where I am in relation to the yellow beacon.

I know the top right corner kinda shows that / but it’s not so clear.
I can probably but a second computer and TV and run a bot alongside of me on a separate Zwift account for the opposite view of the one I am using.
But that makes about as much sense as all of these other well Intended other ideas that are technically correct.

But if the helicopter view does work from the app, then I have to go back to support and tell them they were Incorrect in telling me that In fact, it does not work for me in my app.

Did a workout this morning and, for a change, I switched to the “map” view on the Companion app. However, there were no moving rider markers on the route for myself or anyone else so it wasn’t possible to give any ride-ons. As soon as I finished the workout the rider markers reappeared during the file save process.

Was this a glitch (Apple TV user) or is it always this way during workouts?

Right. That’s my experience.
That’s not what Trey said.
Why don’t they just fix it???

Thanks Chris,
But doesn’t that app work over Bluetooth?
My TickR kickr and cadence monitor are on Bluetooth. Any more Bluetooth there and my kickr drops signal.

it can do but it also works over your wifi connection, so if your phone and computer are on the same wifi network it controls your computer.

Evidently they don’t know about it, or don’t really care. Like very many things in Zwift, it’s not a gamebreaker/mostly works so there is apparently little or no reason to address it.

1 Like

I don’t see the tutorials ony Android phone and I am all to date. If I’ve used all the features that the tutorials cover, will it know and not show up?

2 Likes

Slow rollout

Is there a tutorial for the tutorial roll out?

2 Likes

Hi @shooj
My daughter has a child account and is trying to join our club and can’t. Why can’t a child register in the clubs? And if you want to get the cap, how do they do it?

Zwifters under the age of 16 are not allowed to join clubs because Zwift does not feel that it is safe, and there are legal reasons around it.

3 Likes

@Hugo_Sanchez_HISP

What Oliver said. Zwift complies with legal requirements in different parts of the world to safeguard the privacy of young people.

2 Likes

Then Mr. @shooj how can my daughter get the cap you give if one of the requirements is to join a club? Is there a solution? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The cap is given for going through the tutorial. There is no need to actually join a club.

Hi colin.
Yes there is a need to join the club, you have to complete the 6 steps they tell you to have the cap in the garage, i wouldn’t have asked if that was the case :grinning: .