Zwift companion not connecting

(Brian) #1

I am using Zwift on an iPad Air and Zwift companion on an iPhone 8.
Both units are connected to my private wifi network and are on the same operating frequency.
Zwift works fine on the iPad and records and uploads my rides to Strava just fine.
Zwift companion is working on the iPhone in the sense that I can log on using my Zwift account details and am able to see my previous activities but when I have Zwift running on the iPad Zwift companion on the iPhone never goes into game mode but continues to show the Home button.
I have tried the following:
Make sure ZC is completely closed
Turn off mobile data on OR turn on Airplane mode on your phone
Connect to your Wi-Fi network
Launch ZC
Launch Zwift on your other device
My router is a BT Home hub 4 and I have followed these instructions as best I can:
ZC listens on TCP port 21587. Your router firewall should also allow all incoming/outgoing Zwift TCP traffic on ports 80 and 443 and all Zwift incoming UDP traffic on port 3022.
If you have port blocking enabled, you may need to either turn it off, or port forward to those specific ports, for ZC to work properly.
Zwift companion is still failing to connect to the iPad and I am out of ideas. Help!

(Brian) #2

Maybe the method I am using to test my setup is not correct?

I am running Zwift on my iPad away from the trainer (different room) so not connected to it. When I reach the stage of seeing my avatar waiting for me to start pedalling I then launch the Zwift companion on my iPhone. At this stage I hope to see the home button change to game but it never happens.

(Lauren) #3

Why don’t you try doing a fresh reboot of your modem and router? I know someone who had a problem similar to yours, and after they did the reboot, Companion and Zwift paired successfully. I’d also check that both apps are up to date. If that doesn’t help, I’d like to invite you to write a support ticket so we can look further into the issue.

(Brian) #4

Thank you. The router reboot has fixed the problem.

(Lauren) #5

Yaay! Glad to hear it :slight_smile: