Hi. I have tried looking for other Click issues and while some are similar, I was unable to find this exact problem.
The problem: The Zwift Click I received will change gears downward but will not change gears upward.
- I am very new to Zwift and just set up my Zwift Hub One and the Click this past weekend.
- I run Zwift on my PC ( AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and RX580 ).
- The motherboard is an ASUS B450M without Bluetooth or WiFi. I am using a Bluetooth USB plugin.
- My internet ISP is Google Fiber and my PC is connected directly to my router ( no wifi enabled )
- The Click is positioned about 24 inches from the Bluetooth plugin but has been as far as 48" away.
- The hub is closer to 6 feet away.
- The Click shows as connected to the Zwift program and the battery shows as full.
- The Click will shift my gears downward ( pressing - )very easily and is working perfectly in that regard.
- The Click will not shift my gears upward ( pressing + ).
- Pressing + on the Click does wake up the Click and causes the Zwift program on my PC to pair.
- Pressing + on the Click does cause the lights to blink in the same way they blink when pressing -
- The Virtual Shifting in my settings in game show as selected ( on ).
What I have tried:
- I have shutdown all nearby electronics completely to ensure there was no possible source of interference. This excepts the Hub and my PC of course.
- I have deleted the knowndevices and pref xml files.
- I have ensured no other programs were running on my PC that might have somehow captured or interfered with the Bluetooth signal from my Click. Since the only program I have open is Zwift and I have never used Bluetooth through my PC previously, this was easy and very unlikely to be the issue.
- I have ensured I have a strong internet connection.
- I have contacted Zwift Support via email. On Monday and Tuesday they asked me to confirm many of the things I mention above. On Tuesday they “escalated” the issue. I have heard nothing else from them.
I am still able to participate on Zwift with ERG mode workouts but it would be nice to have full functionality.
- Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this issue?
- Does anyone know of another means of shifting gears…it seems like an obvious single point of failure in the Hub One system to plan around but I have not been able to locate keyboard shortcuts to change gears or a way to change gears through the Companion App.
- Does anyone know how to directly contact whoever Support would have “escalated” this issue to?
- Any other ideas very welcome!