Zero Watts No Matter what Indo

I desperately need help. I am using a Wahoo Kickr Snap. The other day I had just finished a major climb and on the descent my watts dropped to zero and I coasted to a stop.

I have tried everything but now when I try to ride it is zero watts. Everything appears to be connected as normal and updated. My rpm shows but no watts.

My trainer is about three feet from my computer and I checked to make sure there was no Bluetooth interference from another device. I uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift. Nothing seems to help.

I did notice after the ride when this first occurred that the flywheel thing was super hot. Do these things overheat. Could it be fried? It is only 1 month old and I only average around 150 watts.

And does anyone else find wahoo’s customer support to be a little slow? Any help will be appreciated.

Hi, if you suspect your trainer may be damaged then I’d definitely suggest talking to Wahoo support about it. Trainer’s are generally pretty sturdy but they are electronic devices with several moving parts so technical issues can happen.

If you’re able to pair the Kickr in Zwift but aren’t seeing any power readings you might want to doing a spindown in Wahoo’s app. A full power cycle and calibration in the manufacturers app is always a good starting point when troubleshooting issues with the Watt readings. It’s also helpful to know if the issue shows up in multiple apps to help narrow down where the issue is coming from.

@Turd_Ferguson
Then Snap will get hot but I was never able to put it in “safe” mode from overheating…You can try the following:

1. Power down and unplug for at least 10 minutes
  2. Repower, ride for at least 10 minutes @ cadence 70 rpm or higher
  3. Spindown using the Wahoo app…if you have issues, google for the Factory Spindown…I forget how to do it.
  4. When in Zwift and climbing, make sure your are not “grinding” at 40-50 rpm. This causes excessive heat in trainers. If you are, reduce the slider in Zwift Settings so that you are doing at least 65 rpm.
  5. If these do not solve the issue, and you purchased in a bike shop, take it by the shop and let them play with it a while.
  6. Contact Wahoo.

You can also try another app (all of them have free trials) like Fulgaz, Rouvy, BigRingVR to determine if Zwift issue or trainer issue.