Workout mode not working when joining group events

In the last couple of weeks or so, if I schedule to join a group workout on the Companion app, when I later login and join the event I appear with all the riders but it isnt in workout mode for me (i.e. doesnt have the screen in front of my handlebars or doesnt show the workout info on my dashboard screen on companion app).

If I do not schedule a workout but instead just select one of the in-built ones it works fine in workout mode.

Have i knocked a setting out somewhere or is this likely a bug in a recent Zwift update? I have a Bkool Smart Pro 2 and the firmware is up-to-date.

Iā€™m experiencing the same issue (selecting a group workout on companion app, then when I join the event on my windows ten laptop running the zwift application, the workout does not appear). Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Have discovered issue is with files not downloading, due to being on work server. Using laptop local account, the workouts now load (but now have a new problem of the ā€˜controllableā€™ function not being recognised when using the laptop local account - where one problem resolves, another appearsā€¦Alasā€¦)

I have the same/similar issue (PC for game, Android for Companion). To confirm, I can join a group ride, load the workout which appears in the game OK. The Companion app registers the other users, shows map, power etc but not the workout. Have reloaded app, cleared cache etc.

I ā€œthinkā€ I joined a club called the ā€œGluconautsā€ and I get notifications a few days before of their rides on my iPad. I usually click to join. On my Zwift Companion app I am listed as a Social member of that club. In Zwift the morning of the event I donā€™t see any indications of the ride on any of my devices. I canā€™t click anything to join the ride.

1 Like

Im having the same issue today. Scheduled on the companion app, joined on PC running Windows 10.

Same issue today on a Windows 11 laptop. The workout itself loads fine if I go select it individually and load as a solo rider, but when joining via a group workout the workout/ERG mode/training plan/steps donā€™t load at all. Basically just drops me into a group that is doing the workout but I am in freeride mode.

The same problem like others, I can login in group workout but I dont see ā€œworkout modeā€ display. I see group list but it feels like free ride.

Hi, open windows explorer and look for below path. My Documents should be visible in the top left corner. Make sure the below path is accessible. If you cant see the full path you will have to create the folders manually.

My Documents/zwift/events/upload/workouts/

Iā€™m experiencing the same problem. When I join a workout created as a Club Event, the workout/ERG mode/intervals donā€™t load. The others in the event are able to see and participate in the workout, but I remain in the freeride mode. The file path for Documents\Zwift\Workouts is accessible on my computer (Windows 11 laptop). Any insights are appreciated!

Hi @Gastroc_Nemius, Welcome to our Zwift Forums!

Iā€™m sorry for the delayed reply. Iā€™m wondering if the issue persists. Taking a look at your recent logs server the ERG mode is On and everything looks performing properly. What I would recommend is to keep your device running the latest game version. Currently, Zwift is running G.V 1.63.0. If you need help updating the game version please, review this article.