While running, every time I raise the speed to 9km/h my avatar stops

Hello, I have a Tecnogym treadmill running on PC with Windows PC. I use Zwift to run and ride. Have been using it for 5 years now. Since yesterday, while running, when I raise the speed to 9km/h, my avatar just stops. If I reduce the speed it picks up again… any idea what is causing this ? this is systematic, I can reproduce it. Maybe something in the setup ?
Thank you for your reply, Stephan

Hey Stephan - do you have the Myrun? If so, have you contacted Technogym support? I cannot pair the Myrun to Zwift running on a PC Win11. I have contacted Technogym support and the tech indicated that he believes they are not yet compatible with Win11.

As a get around when BT pairing, I select ZCA instead of Internal from from the Zwift pairing screen and use my iPad as a bridge between Myrun and Zwift. So the Myrun pairs to Zwift via iPad running ZCA. It pairs up immediately for both Speed and Cadence without dropouts.

There is also something going on with Myrun regarding cadence that is not quite right when running on zwift. When paired as above, the Myrun cadence as displayed on Zwift in SPM does not display properly until you hit 3 km/h but then it is accurate up to 4.9 km/h. At 5 km/h, indicated cadence on Zwift becomes unstable and begins dropping out. Scroll to bottom of this link for details.

Not suggesting you are having same problem but this may be worth investigating for you.

Hi @Stephan_Lemmens

Welcome to the Forums!

It seems you’re having some trouble with the speed of your Technogym treadmill but only when it’s raised to 9 km/h. That’s odd, but to piggyback on what Bob said, it would be interesting to know if the issue persists if you use a different pairing method (e.g. the ZC app as BLE bridge). You can find more information and instructions in this article.

We also have a helpful article for the Technogym MyRun Treadmill, so check that out if you haven’t already.

It looks like you also sent us a support request, so our team will work with you via email. Thanks!

Hello Steven,

Thanks for the info.

I cannot do the test right away, but I will next time I connect.

What I don’t understand is that if it is a pairing method issue, why does the avatar connect again immediately after I reduce the speed, and everything then works normally?

This phenomena can be reproduced ad libitum.

Thank you for your intervention and help.

Stephan

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the info.

I cannot do the test right away, but I will next time I connect.

What I don’t understand is that if it is a pairing method issue, why does the avatar connect again immediately after I reduce the speed, and everything then works normally?

This phenomenon can be reproduced ad libitum.

Thank you for your intervention and help.

Stephan

Hey Stephan -

I cannot answer your question directly. I do know others are seeing problems with Myrun cadence as it is displayed on Zwift. However, you are the first person I have come across that has mentioned that the avatar stops above a certain speed. Again, there is something strange going on with the treadmill regarding cadence when running on zwift. It might be worthwhile reaching out to Technogym if you haven’t done so already. They are very responsive.

I suspect the problem resides with Technogym and not Zwift, however, I do believe the problem only manifests itself on Zwift. I do not see displayed cadence drop outs on any other application I use. So this is true when simultaneously monitoring cadence on say Tehcnogym LIVE or the QZ app and on Zwift. The cadence is solid on the 3rd party apps while it misbehaves on Zwift. The cadence behavior I refer to is as described on my Github bug report referenced earlier.

One way to determine if you are having a bluetooth dropout problem might be to click on “menu” and then “pairing” to check to see if “cadence” is still paired while your avatar has stopped and you continue running at 9km/h. Check to see if Cadence is still paired. Also, do you notice a “connection failure” alert popping up in upper right corner of the screen when in-game and running?

Let us know how you get on.

Hello Bob,
The problem seems to be solved.
Instead of using the built in Bluetooth I chose zwift companion, and everything was normal again.
I still haven’t been able to do the software update of the my run treadmill, Technogym seems to make this very secret. But as long as everything is working well, this is not issue.
Thanks again,
Stephan

Hey Stephan,

Follow this link to download a pdf Technogym sent me regarding Myrun-Zwift Integration and firmware updates.

I will make this file available for download for 24 hours. Let me know when you have downloaded it.

Please note that this document is quite out dated but it may help. Let me know if you are able to update your f/w.

I hope this helps.

Bob.