Unable to connect Technogym Myrun

Zwift is not able to discover my new Technogym Myrun device. Tested using new Apple TV 4K and iPad Mini with latest iOS. Myrun is installed with firmware 2.10. It works fine with Myrun software and is discovered by iOS, just not Zwift. Any solution to this.

Make sure that the Technogym app is fully closed and that it is not paired to your phone either before opening Zwift. Bluetooth only allows one connection at a time to any device or app.

I thought so too, but I am able to run a workout on my (android) tablet that controlls the treadmill (Myrun) while being connected to Zwift and having all metrics reistred there…

1 Like

Suggest check the MYRUN app on your iPad is up to date and, mostly importantly, that the MYRUN firmware has been updated from it.

I connected it once but then never managed to connect again. Since the only reason to buy a MyRun was really Zwift connectivity, I’m having ti return the whole unit which is a bit of a Christmas spoiler. Technogym seem to accept that there is no fix. If it had had Ant+ I could have got it working via my Cable device.

After installing latest firmware that was released in October/November, and making sure Myrun app was not paired with threadmill, I finally was able to pair Myrun with Zwift on my old iPad.

I am having problems with MyRun connection to 4K Apple TV Zwift and with the old iPad I cannot connect. Ottar were you ever able to pair Zwift to MyRun using Apple TV? I just receive the treadmill and connected the treadmill to the Technogym Myrun which worked but now It seems I am not able to pair Zwift even when the MyRun app is not paired or running.

I haven’t tried with my 4K Apple TV. Will do that once I’ve returned from my travel later this week. I received an update of Myrun Firmware that seem to be released in October/November. I will post my firmware version number on Saturday/Sunday. It only worked after installing this firmware.

I can’t connect my newly arrived Technogym MyRun to any app! Not even the Technogym MyRun app. I’ve tried with my iPhone X and my iPad, Zwift and MyRun - nothing.

I’ve only had it for half a day and I’ll call them tomorrow. If anyone has an idea of what to do then let me know as I’m mindful I only have two weeks to return the treadmill and that 14th day lands on New Years Day, so doubt anyone will be around at Technogym.

Thank you.

I have a Technogym MyRun about 2 months now. I too had initial connection problems but eventually overcame them by updating the already installed firmware on the treadmill. I was initially using Zwift on an iPad but found that troublesome and am now currently connecting using Apple TV 4k via Bluetooth. Apple TV is connected a screen in front of treadmill via a HDMI cable. Apple TV allows for 3 Bluetooth connections, Apple TV remote is one, treadmill is another and hr monitor is the other. Working great now and am very happy with it. Technogym gave me no indication that firmware needed to be updated or how to do it when installing.

Thanks, Lance, it’s good to know I’m not the only one who’s had issues. I have since been able to connect it but now the Technogym MyRun app has the starting date ie TODAY as 24th December 2019 when it’s only 20th December. I spoke to Technogym and they said I should delete and reload the app, I did that and I still have the same issue. I’ll give them another call. Also when it updated its firmware all the lights went out as it shortcircuited that system but that could not be related to the machine. I’ve bought surge protector now. I love the idea of having a big screen and Zwift like you do! That will be the next stage for sure! thank you :slight_smile:

Has anyone managed to get the MyRun working without having a iPad or AppleTV? I only have a PC and android, all nicely setup to my Tacx and and I have no desire to get an iPAD just to make £3k’s worth of running machine work with Zwift.

It seems strange to be considering sending back a great running machine as it won’t work with a much cheaper piece of software, however, I’ve learnt with my cycling that it is Zwift that keeps me on the machine, not the machine itself.

Continuing the discussion from Unable to connect Technogym Myrun:

Having trouble connecting MyRun app & Zwift to my MyRun treadmill. Both apps cannot find the treadmill with Bluetooth. How do I go about doing a firmware upgrade for the treadmill? Please help. Thanks

Hi. I had the same issues but Technogym technical in the UK helped me a lot as did Harrods Technogym department when the Technogym offices were closed. In the end they told me to switch off the treadmill, switch off the iPad, power up the treadmill, power up the iPad, and select the MyRun app and it did pair. I’m pretty sure I already did this but it didn’t work for me but did when they told me what to do. I then had an issue with the 5k running app on MyRun using a date 6 days in advance to start the programme. Techogym technical said just uninstall and reinstall the app - that didn’t work, so I rang up Harrods and the sales guy said he saw the same date on his MyRun app, so he surmised the app wanted me to start the programme at the beginning of a week which makes sense.

With the firmware, it just started to download and install it itself on the third day of owning the treadmill, three days ago. The machine did trip a fuse when this happened and it’s tripped a circuit three times in 6 days but I rang technogym this morning and they are sending an engineer out tomorrow - CHRISTMAS EVE - to change the part which is so fast. I mean it takes two weeks to get a Bosch washing machine engineer out, so I’m not used to this speed plus it’s the day before Christmas. Amazing service and an amazing machine, it’s just a bit of learning curve in the beginning but Technogym have been there all the way through. Including recommending Polar devices and I settled the OH1+ which pairs instantly - you wear it on your arm. Both MyRun app and Zwift pair well with it.

Alright, I had found this thread running into this problem of Zwift not seeing the MYRUN when trying to connect, and wanted to add what worked for me here for others.

My Bluetooth connection seemed OK, as the treadmill was showing up in the Bluetooth settings of the iPad and in MYRUN, but just didn’t show up when Zwift searched for it, so it didn’t seem like that was the problem. I had the iPad on the stand of the treadmill since we first put it on, but I also tried plugging it in via USB but that didn’t do the trick. The firmware still never upgraded, but it said 2.12 in the MYRUN settings so that seemed OK.

So, I figured I’d poke the Zwift support folks. I wrote a message to them, and wanted to put the versions to everything in my message. I went and grabbed the iPad off the MYRUN while the MYRUN was still powered on, and walked to my computer. I tried to open the MYRUN app to see what that app version was, and it complained about not being able to connect to the treadmill, so I walked back over to the treadmill and put it back on the stand. When I did that, it reconnected and said an update was available, updated the firmware of the treadmill to “20.16” (seems like today’s date minus the month?) and said it would disconnect in order to use Zwift. Jumping over to Zwift at that point, it discovered it and worked as expected.

So I’m not sure if it was a coincidence, but it seemed like just closing/reopening the MYRUN app wasn’t enough to get it to try to do an update, but leaving the treadmill on and walking away/coming back did get it in, and that firmware update seemed to do the trick.

I didn’t see any way to manually force a firmware update, but even though it says 1.30 or higher is enough, that didn’t seem to be the case for my 2.12 version and the update to 20.16 is what solved it.

-Dan

2 Likes

Is there any to push-force firmware update? Stuck to 2.12 on the machine, I have the latest on the Myrun app but nothings happening. Works fine but can’t connect to Zwift because of it.

Is the ipad gen 1 the problem?

1 Like

I still can’t see my MyRun on my iPad using Bluetooth, either in Swift or the MyRun App.
I did get Swift working on the iPad with my MyRun using the USB on the treadmill with the iPad.
It’s a workaround but better than nothing.

Hi Peter, how did you got it to work through the USB? Does anybody know how the firmware on the MyRun is updated?

Yes I started to connect when I used the USB on the treadmill

How do I tell what firmware version my Myrun is on?