Weight setting wrong on Companion app

Sorry, I’m not fluent in German. :grinning:

Translating from the (?) Belgian Dutch:
« Hey, is there already a solution to the problem with the weight, still can’t use zwift! »

The answer to De jode’s question is, of course… nope.

1 Like

What I just did is change the language I’m using on my Android phone, switching from French to English. Now my weight appears correctly in Campanion (71.12 kg), even after saving. I will see later today, when riding, if my w/kg is okay. Only problem now is everything on my phone is in English.

My Android is set to German. simply set and save the correct weight in the CompanionApp. Then do not make any more changes. Thanks to the weight on the Zwiftprofile and the w/kg during training.

Like i mentioned before, don’t go into your profile using the companion app. Change weight on zwift dot com or when your in the game. Companion app is ok to use.

1 Like

No. That doesn’t work.

Does for me

Salut Didier, je ne sais pas si tu as trouvé une solution mais de mon côté, j’ai simplement changé la langue d’utilisation de mon téléphone (Android). Là je peux aller inscrire mon poids correctement dans Companion et il s’enregistre correctement. Quand tu utilises Companion dans une activité, il faut que ton téléphone soit en anglais. Après, tu le remets en français pour ton utilisation personnelle.

This is how I solved the problem, follow the green arrows, and zwift and trainer will work again…

Or using the companion app that ignored the decimal point, with some riders weighing 7500kgs. Or adjusting your weight to make a group ride you wanted to do, easier to hang on to. (BTW I still think Zwift has to do more about warning riders before adjusting their riding weight – not sure really how large of the universe reads these forums and knows CE is looking at EVERYthing.)

1 Like

Same in Netherlands. Companion app makes 75 kg = 7500 kg and imposoible to bike on Zwift. I just deleted the comp.app.
Why is there no reaction from Zwift? (paying $15 dollar a month)

If you use Companion on your phone, swith language of the phone to English. Then you will be able to save your correct weight. After that, when you use Companion while riding, it will be ok. You can swith back and forth from English to your native language between activities (ride or run).
If you are a new user, yes Zwift can be a source of frustration but when you figure out how it works, it’s a lot of fun. The weight problem is a new source a frustration. Only Android users seem to have issue with it.

1 Like

Easy way is to change weight in the Zwift app not the companion app.

Even changing the UI language might not help if you happen to pick an English locale that uses the decimal comma. But yeah, while the bug persists, this one is easily avoided by not saving any changes to your profile in Companion (or if you absolutely must, just delete the extra digits before saving).

I think fixing this bug is very easy.

Fixing the bug is easy, getting someone to fix it (not unlike the “Durchschn.” bug in the German version of Companion) seems to be surprisingly hard.

2 Likes

In my case, I never changed my weight in CA before I noticed that something was wrong. When I went to check my profile, the 2 extra 0 were there so what you and others are telling is just not true, in my experience.
And from now on, I will stop trying to help fellow users with the solution that worked for me. Tx

Sorry but that did not work. As I mentioned, those 2 annoying 0 appeared in CA. I did not do anything and trying to simply delete them did not work either.

Hello,
Today i started in a race and the wattage i was putting out didn’t get me moving. For some reason my weight changed from 70kg to 7000kg…
Anyone knows why? Is this a known bug?

Set your weight without decimal places and it should be fine.